Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does it matter if you didn't do any work experience?

(unless you're doing something where it's essential, like medicine)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypnos)
    does it matter if you didn't do any work experience?

(unless you're doing something where it's essential, like medicine)
    well most ppl never end up doin the right kind of work experience

ReputationRep:
    In my case it does, it seems they all want commerical experience as well as a degree.

ReputationRep:
    do you do work experience in sixth form/college??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    It depends sixth forms don't usualy but some FE colleges do. Mine didn't though as it was a load of crap.

ReputationRep:
    Comps often do it year 10 (as many ppl leave after GCSEs)
    other schools do it post gcse or later

ReputationRep:
    The only education based work experience I did was in year 11 at secondary school. My sixth form never did any.

However, by the time I go to uni in September, I will have three years work experience so that should cover me lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf!)
    Quite a few do work-shadowing.

ReputationRep:
    work shadowing sounds like more fun, although a lot of the good jobs you can't really shadow:

author
    academic
    SAS man
    fighter pilot
    secret agent

!

ReputationRep:
    i did work experience last year (yr 10) and the first day of work i was in school cos the teacher didn't find a place for me! :mad: ............i ended up gettin it in an office ..............................i really wantid to get it in a lab but i hd to be over 16! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    Quite a few do work-shadowing.
    wots that?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    work shadowing is just following some important guy/guyess around for a week and see what they do. so no work on your part.

incidentally, lord H, do you realise what effect your sig has on reading your posts? everything you say i hear in a boris johnson voice, and am reminded of him getting torn to pieces on have i got new for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hypnos)
    work shadowing is just following some important guy/guyess around for a week and see what they do. so no work on your part.

incidentally, lord H, do you realise what effect your sig has on reading your posts? everything you say i hear in a boris johnson voice, and am reminded of him getting torn to pieces on have i got new for you
    At least you remember my posts

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.