New Doctor Who - Episode 2 - The Beast Below - 10/04/10 - no future spoilers Watch

Poll: How did you find this episode?
Excellent (55)
33.95%
Good (88)
54.32%
Poor (17)
10.49%
Awful (2)
1.23%
elli_emc
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Moroseblight)
Yes! Definitely- and more crashing of things such as ramming fire engines into hospitals... :awesome: Looking forward to these new aliens/villains Moffatt's created.

Although I have a feeling a ridiculous amount of running will still be involved.

Also there's a rumour that a character will appear with a Tardis that's not the Doctor's...
A different TARDIS?

That would be awesome.

Also, shooting some scenes in different rooms in the Doctor's TARDIS?

Not the swimming pool, that's a good running joke, but maybe just a change of scenery?
Moroseblight
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by elli_emc)
A different TARDIS?

That would be awesome.

Also, shooting some scenes in different rooms in the Doctor's TARDIS?

Not the swimming pool, that's a good running joke, but maybe just a change of scenery?
I thought Moffatt said we'd be seeing more rooms of the Tardis this series, but I wonder. Been skim reading Tardis.wikia and the synopsis for episode 7 Amy's Choice looks interesting. A new villain too.

Spoiler:
Show
Amy travelled in the TARDIS with the Doctor five years ago. As she is just about to give birth, the Doctor returns and Amy has to make a life changing decision

Oh and on that second Tardis. It's been confirmed. And the rumour is it belongs to The Valeyard.
Tomato_Soup1992
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
On wiki, the description it gives:

' The programme depicts the adventures of a mysterious, humanoid alien known as the Doctor who travels through time and space in his spacecraft,'

does make doctor who sound quite retarded. XD
wizard710
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Having listened to the TV.com UK podcast (well worth a listen to) they did mention that the tardis was meant to change for every occasion , just they can't do that for the budget reasons
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by wizard710)
Having listened to the TV.com UK podcast (well worth a listen to) they did mention that the tardis was meant to change for every occasion , just they can't do that for the budget reasons
Haven't they got around that by saying that the Chameleon Circuit was broken or something?
paddyman4
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Moroseblight)
I thought Moffatt said we'd be seeing more rooms of the Tardis this series, but I wonder. Been skim reading Tardis.wikia and the synopsis for episode 7 Amy's Choice looks interesting. A new villain too.

Spoiler:
Show
Amy travelled in the TARDIS with the Doctor five years ago. As she is just about to give birth, the Doctor returns and Amy has to make a life changing decision

Oh and on that second Tardis. It's been confirmed. And the rumour is it belongs to The Valeyard.
I think that last sentence constitutes a future spoiler!!!
Moroseblight
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Tomato_Soup1992)
On wiki, the description it gives:

' The programme depicts the adventures of a mysterious, humanoid alien known as the Doctor who travels through time and space in his spacecraft,'

does make doctor who sound quite retarded. XD
Sure does! Have you ever tried explaining Doctor Who to someone who's never watched nor heard of it? Quite retarded, indeed :p:

(Original post by paddyman4)
I think that last sentence constitutes a future spoiler!!!
The Valeyard? It's just mere speculation as of yet so didn't think it was worthy of the spoiler tag...
wizard710
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by meskell)
Haven't they got around that by saying that the Chameleon Circuit was broken or something?
Yeah but I think the chameleon circuit affects the outside, meant to make it blend in
miranda-ae
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by loonyplatypus)

Also, did anyone else notice that when Amy was investigating the tent where the 'hole' was, there was a huge sign above it saying "Magpie Electricals", same as the shop that sold the TVs in The Wire, in series 2. Significant?
YES I did see this it was intriguing...
RK
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Hmmmm....just watched this episode this evening after not being able to see it on Saturday.

Don't know if it was the idea of watching it midweek or what, but I was certainly quite disappointed with it. There just didn't seem to be a lot to the story and I felt quite confused by much of it as to why things happened (which is quite unlike me).

I was hoping for more and hope we get it in the next episode.
elli_emc
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by miranda-ae)
YES I did see this it was intriguing...
I think that Magpie is just a bit of an in joke rather than a massive story arc, or at least that's the message that's been put out in interviews / the TARDIS tour.

Unless they are leading us astray :rolleyes:

(Original post by RK)
Hmmmm....just watched this episode this evening after not being able to see it on Saturday.

Don't know if it was the idea of watching it midweek or what, but I was certainly quite disappointed with it. There just didn't seem to be a lot to the story and I felt quite confused by much of it as to why things happened (which is quite unlike me).

I was hoping for more and hope we get it in the next episode.
After the first episode I was a little bit disappointed but I think that it was a solid episode, a filler one to lead into the next episode...
loonyplatypus
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by elli_emc)
I think that Magpie is just a bit of an in joke rather than a massive story arc, or at least that's the message that's been put out in interviews / the TARDIS tour.

Unless they are leading us astray :rolleyes:
That's what I'm hoping! The stuff with the cracks is all just so obvious, I wonder if the real series arc is more subtle than that. Of course, I'll probably be totally wrong and spend the entire series looking for Magpie references, to no avail
elli_emc
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by loonyplatypus)
That's what I'm hoping! The stuff with the cracks is all just so obvious, I wonder if the real series arc is more subtle than that. Of course, I'll probably be totally wrong and spend the entire series looking for Magpie references, to no avail
But that's half the fun, right?
RK
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
Discussion for episode 3 is here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1242793
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (132)
18.72%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
9.93%
No I am happy with my course choice (402)
57.02%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (101)
14.33%

Watched Threads