Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    heya, my sister just got her AS's back she got AAAAB in Biology, Chemistry, Phscology, General Studies and the B in English Lit.
    The thing is she douznt know whether to do Dentistry or Medicine, wot do people think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smallguy54321)
    heya, my sister just got her AS's back she got AAAAB in Biology, Chemistry, Phscology, General Studies and the B in English Lit.
    The thing is she douznt know whether to do Dentistry or Medicine, wot do people think?
    She needs to research both, do work experience, and see what is most suitable for her.

ReputationRep:
    sounds like shes just wants to do em cus shes got good grades...to do med she actually has to really want the career cus of the time consumption of the job, i think she needs to do neither until she really thinks about it!

ReputationRep:
    oh no don't get me wrong! She's done work experience with a GP and in hospitals, shes done work experience with dentists as well, she always wanted to become one of these and she just can't decide!

ReputationRep:
    Maybe more w/e in both fields will help.

ReputationRep:
    thnx 4 all the advice think she's gone 4 medicine!! thanx 4 all the response

ReputationRep:
    do both and become a max-fac surgeon?! best of both worlds...

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magali)
    do both and become a max-fac surgeon?! best of both worlds...
    yah, my neigbours cousin studied dentistry then medicine, said she wanted to be a max-fac surgeon but when qualified went back to dentistry; only wanted the degree title. She said you get better paid as a dentist here these days and better working hours etc.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 21, 2005

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.