Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This thread is for the working class masses. It is the brainchild of Caspian, and I self-appoint myself, HTale, as vice-president. Please describe your school, where it is etc. etc.

Hopefully this will become a success!

:tsr:

ReputationRep:
    I admire the complete non-PCness, anti-elitism, inverted snobberiness of this venture. I'd love to be part of it, but I'm not sure if I qualify!

I went to a bog standard Primary school in Walthamstow, East London where most of the books were 50+ years old, the head teacher got kicked out by his wife and he liked to give us life coaching, and the main attraction of the playground was a dilapidated motorboat, stuck in the ground (no expense spared). My secondary school in Leytonstone was probably worse: failing even more (on GCSE results day I talked to 3 or 4 people who got straight Us.. is this possible, even with limited intelligence?), CCTV cameras and a mob of security guards yet no money to pay for textbooks or lockers or computers, and most of the teachers doubled up as other subject teachers.

Now I'm in a college back in my home town which has had 2 multi million buildings go up in the past 2 years. In the media department they have seriously professional equipment, flashy turnstiles to get into college and you even have to swipe to get into classrooms. There's a huge gym, new computers everywhere and they just generally seem to have money to splash around everywhere; except of course, they still don't have enough money to give us textbooks nor money to pay for new teachers. I think there's either some conspiracy going on and the college is being run by the mafia (we even have a whole CORRIDOR called the "marketing department" - it's a fricking college!) or the Government is just very, very dumb. Ultimately I hate it even worse than the first two institutions I attended because of its facelessness and lack of personality. I've never even met the "principal" (what the hell, is this AMERICA? No) and there's 2000+ students so I always feel lost when I'm not with my friends.
    Needless to say the college's results are well below average and nobody seems to actually enjoy it.....

... So, seeing as my college still shows how dumb the Government is, even if it seems to be somehow loaded (in all the unnecessary faculties) can I join?

ReputationRep:
    I hold my fist up in salute to this movement! Count me in, because I definitly apply!

ReputationRep:
    Welcome, you are our first two members. Hopefully you will be ambassadors for this society. You are free to proudly put your membership on your signature

ReputationRep:
    Your in, both of you, here we keep true to the comprehensive dream, anyone can join and we won't be able to expel you either.

im on fire today, my second ever post.

But Hicham, what happens now?

ReputationRep:
    Shouldn't we go round the bike sheds and smoke weed and talk about our friends' teenage pregnancies now? Actually my sec school backed onto Epping Forest; a good location if you want to avoid the Establishment.

ReputationRep:
    MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I go to Wilnecote High School in Tamworth, a bog standard comp.

Tamworth i think was rated as having one of the highest rates of violent crime also a chav capital i believe from unknown sources.

join the dark side!!!!

ReputationRep:
    sayed_samed, you're in as well. It would be great to add it to your signature.

Keep it real! :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yelwalkietalkie)
    Shouldn't we go round the bike sheds and smoke weed and talk about our friends' teenage pregnancies now? Actually my sec school backed onto Epping Forest; a good location if you want to avoid the Establishment.
    I like the following code embedded in the statement:

bike sheds = the public school society thread

Yes, I think its a wonderful idea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caspian)
    Your in, both of you, here we keep true to the comprehensive dream, anyone can join and we won't be able to expel you either.

im on fire today, my second ever post.

But Hicham, what happens now?
    They become ambassadors. They add their membership to their signature, and we continue to grow, my fellow Elliottonian (well, ex-Elliottonian now...but you get the point)

ReputationRep:
    OMG i'm joining!! My school was 2763 in the legue tables for gcse.

It flooded (becuase it raining) so we had to go ankle deep in water to get to all classes
    We have rats and pigeons walk around our school
    They had to set up 8 foot gates around the premitor of our school to stop gangs coming in pretending to go to our school and stab people.
    It in the middle (literally) of 3 council estates.
    I've had 5 new tutors in 5 years.
    Its in S London

I'll think of some more later lol,
    So can i join?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~the_one~)
    OMG i'm joining!! My school was 2763 in the legue tables for gcse.

It flooded (becuase it raining) so we had to go ankle deep in water to get to all classes
    We have rats and pigeons walk around our school
    They had to set up 8 foot gates around the premitor of our school to stop gangs coming in pretending to go to our school and stab people.
    It in the middle (literally) of 3 council estates.
    I've had 5 new tutors in 5 years.
    Its in S London

I'll think of some more later lol,
    So can i join?
    In the absence of Caspian (on holiday), I say that you are in. (Which school do you go to? Heard of Elliott by any chance?)

ReputationRep:
    Heard of Elliott by any chance?)
    OMG how did you guess

ReputationRep:
    You go to Elliot?! Hey, CASPIAN, the one goes to Elliott. Hey, we've just left the sixth form!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~the_one~)
    OMG how did you guess
    Dude, I have shared your suffering for seven years in silence but now.....

You know what the biggest joke about Elliott is, is that its a Language college so the language department is so rich and no v few people in 6form do languages, while each year all the other departments get their bugets cut back.
    Man that place, you can't help loving it though.

So the One, I see that you did Russian, does that mean that you were on the St Petersburg trip? If so i've probably spoken to you before or hurled a snowball at you, hmmm I guessing this is, Chris or Jack?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Caspian)
    Dude, I have shared your suffering for seven years in silence but now.....

You know what the biggest joke about Elliott is, is that its a Language college so the language department is so rich and no v few people in 6form do languages, while each year all the other departments get their bugets cut back.
    Man that place, you can't help loving it though.

So the One, I see that you did Russian, does that mean that you were on the St Petersburg trip? If so i've probably spoken to you before or hurled a snowball at you, hmmm I guessing this is, Chris or Jack?
    Please accept my heartfelt apologies "the one". Caspian was after all educated at Elliott, and can't tell the difference between the female and male signs! Oh well :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    AHhh damn it, excuse me but my with my inadequet state school education i failed to realise you were a girl - My apologies.

hmmm, so who are you?

ReputationRep:
    Is this in retaliation to that ridiculous Public School Society?!?!!

ReputationRep:
    As cleverly pointed out by HTale i am female lol! I didnt go on the St Peterburg trip, I went to the (****** Moscow one).
    Ha now i have found some ex elliott people i am going to have to question you about subjects in yr12.

Oh and you got to love elliott really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heninacoop)
    Is this in retaliation to that ridiculous Public School Society?!?!!
    Why of course! Cleverly observed...

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.