i have my mock GCSES next week and
    i am really worried - i have so much to
    revise and i often have panic attacks
    anyway in stressful situations.

Any tips for revison, stress or
    panic attacks at the thought
    of having to sit in the exam hall
    for hours - would be great x
    Take a bottle of water in with you with one of those caps on which you can sip through without it spilling everywhere if you knock it over. Also, get a decent night's sleep before each exam. Thirdly, relax, it's not the end of the world if they don't go according to plan. Use it as a learning experience.

ReputationRep:
    hey..no need to worry.. everything will sort out..just try to remain calm and cool.Do not think of the results now, think of ur approach, take each question as not a question but as something u have beaten a lot of times in ur life.

I have this approach too.When the paper comes in front of you...do not get intimidated by the number or marks of questions. Just start from the first question..this way, u will near the ending of the exam sooner. Do not look at the last question until unless u r there...its like the way they say...when on a cliff.....o not look down..it willscare u..
    this way..the ending will come to you..and u will not have to search it and get panicky.

try this..and tell me how u feel. I will wait for ur response.

ReputationRep:
    all very good advice. i just did my mock GCSEs before xmas. The best thing to do is just try really hard to stay calm, and as soon as each exam is over, just forget about it, DONT compare answers with friends, it will only make you think thaat yours are wrong, especially if loads of people got different answers. Concentrate on whatever the next exam is, and plan something nice, like a shopping trip or party for when the exams end, it will give you something to look forward to, and keep you going.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a lot
    you have all been really nice and
    helpful.
    I have printed off all suggestions and
    will be keeping them with me.
    Thank you xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punkprincess)
    Thanks a lot
    you have all been really nice and
    helpful.
    I have printed off all suggestions and
    will be keeping them with me.
    Thank you xx

good...u surely will get some help.
    But pls. lemme know as to how is it going, so that i may be able to advise others.
    Thanx

ReputationRep:
    once i am in the exam hall i am fine, i just have
    panic attacks worrying about the actual exam
    and having to sit in a hall with no way out for
    hours. It's kinda bizarre.

ReputationRep:
    only 5 days to go..god..

ReputationRep:
    It's only your GCSE mocks...jesus
    When you come to A-levels you'll realise how unimportant GCSE's are, let alone how unimportant the Mocks are.

ReputationRep:
    only 5 days to go..god..
    dont worry about them! i never revised for any of my GCSE's and passed them all. and i was asleep half of the time in lessons. when you get to Alevels youll find everything you have to learn now is wrong anyway!!! so relax, take your time READ the question properly dont skim it! a sure way to stay on track!
    good luck!
    Strip
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    It's only your GCSE mocks...jesus
    When you come to A-levels you'll realise how unimportant GCSE's are, let alone how unimportant the Mocks are.
    u stupid fella....at this point of time, she needs support and help and not ur stuid and wanky statements !!!

ReputationRep:
    only 5 days to go..god..
    believe me, u wuld be better off if u have no fear and pressure in ur mind.
    I have an exam on 8th too......infact i have 2 exams.............

ReputationRep:
    only 5 days to go..god..
    I did my GCSE mocks before Xmas and previously every other exam I'd done I'd been so worried and stressed, migrains the lot, but then I realised they are not the be and end all. Just do your best and don't get worked up because they really aren't worth it and it's much better if you are relaxed when you go into the exam hall. I'm sure you'll do great anyway. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by me!)
    I did my GCSE mocks before Xmas and previously every other exam I'd done I'd been so worried and stressed, migrains the lot, but then I realised they are not the be and end all. Just do your best and don't get worked up because they really aren't worth it and it's much better if you are relaxed when you go into the exam hall. I'm sure you'll do great anyway. Good luck
    u will find that GCSEs don't matter that much anyway, and the mocks are only there to show you what exam conditions are like....... you have to learn to get used to it - the tedium and the examiner repeating the same thing over again, the invigilators staring over your shoulder..... it's not that scary, just make sure you develop a good working routine to revise; there isn't that much pressure on you now...

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for some of your help and support x

ReputationRep:
    That is help and support? GCSE's are a joke DONT WORRY. Is that any better?

ReputationRep:
    Buy some Bachs rescue remedy from Holland and Barratts it works when I get panicky. It got me through my driving test so it has to be good!

ReputationRep:
    has anyone actually done any revision for their GCSE mocks...coz i havent i think thats not really a good thing. anywayz...as you all said theyre just mocks...who gives?

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.