Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Before I start, I will ask the university this but right now they probably won't thank me for asking questions not pertaining to clearing, 2005 admissions, accomodation etc.. so I thought I'd ask here first.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone knew whether Nottingham University plan to, as with the Malaysian campus, offer the chance for students in specific degrees to spend their second year at the Ningbo campus in China? The Management with Chinese Studies looks the perfect degree for me but it would be even better if the second year was spent in China, as the *insert economics/management/geography/history* with Asian Studies invloves a year in Malaysia surely it makes sense that the Chinese Studies courses involve a year in their Chinese campus?

So I'd be really grateful if anyone knew whether this is in the pipeline?

ReputationRep:
    I have no idea, but it does sound logical Sorry, that's not very helpful, I know...

ReputationRep:
    Nah it's alright, least you replied! I guess no-one knows yet. There's no rush just I'm not very patient! I'll just wait then probably ask someone at an open day..

ReputationRep:
    hee! sorry but i dont know either
    best bet is to ring em up or drop in and ask..
    or email our course director..

surely they could help

ReputationRep:
    I´m a geography with chinese studies first year student (or will be in a month!)... the G/cs site says that all CS students are given the opportunity to spend their 06 Autumn semester at the UNNC. *nods*

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the replies, that's very interesting jianren. I've looked all over the Business Schools website but it doesn't mention that option for the Management plus CS degree. When applying, a year or semester in China would swing the balance in favour of Nottingham so it is important but it's not urgent at the moment.

How are you finding the Chinese Studies jianren? Also is it easy enough to swap the Mandarin 1a and 1b for more advanced levels as I'd have quite a bit of experience by then plus a semester in Beijing during my gap year?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, i'm going into my 2nd year of the geography and chinese studies degree at nottingham. Basically if you want to get away to another uni in your 2nd year the option is available on many degrees (not only ones with country based subsids). It's called the SOCRATES - ERASMUS scheme I think??? I think there is a set quota for the amount of people allowed to travel in every department though.

ReputationRep:
    Just so other people now know, I have now confirmation. I asked the University and low and behold I see this on the website today (yes I know it's nothing to do with my e-mail!)

"A distinctive feature of the Management with Chinese Studies is that the second year is taught at the University of Nottingham, Ningbo China (UNNC)."

Nottingham definitely number one now

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.