Turn on thread page Beta

Jewish homeland should have been annexed from Germany... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smith)
    The Native Americans are still kept on reservations that seem more like zoos. I don't know whether they choose to live there to isolate themselves from mainstream American society, while others can leave the reservations and integrate, or what. Either way, it seems degrading to the Native Americans to treat them this way.

Weejimmie's point about Hong Kong is a good one. The inhabitants (Hong Kongese?) might well have preferred to remain in Britain out of fear of seeing Hong Kong Communistified. In reality this has not happened; the Chinese seem reluctant to make Hong Kong Communist, perhaps because that would cripple all the development the 99 years of British rule have brought. Instead we have "One Country, Two Systems" or something, which seems to be thinly disguised denial of the fact that Communism in China is not working quite as well as good ol' Mao hoped.
    Thay have benefits, for example thay can have cassinos in areas other people can't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smith)
    The Native Americans are still kept on reservations that seem more like zoos. I don't know whether they choose to live there to isolate themselves from mainstream American society, while others can leave the reservations and integrate, or what. Either way, it seems degrading to the Native Americans to treat them this way.
    They wanted reservations--they haven't the ability to compete equally with other Americans in the workplace. They milk their supposed 'native' status and victimhood for all its worth--if they ever gained the upper hand they'd quickly start shreiking about how masterful and dominant they were.

Understanding 'Racial politics' is ridiculously easy when one side is the 'White man', who alone among the races gives the upper hand to his opponents as reflex action.

Follow the money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArthurOliver)
    They wanted reservations--they haven't the ability to compete equally with other Americans in the workplace. They milk their supposed 'native' status and victimhood for all its worth--if they ever gained the upper hand they'd quickly start shreiking about how masterful and dominant they were.

Understanding 'Racial politics' is ridiculously easy when one side is the 'White man', who alone among the races gives the upper hand to his opponents as reflex action.

Follow the money.
    Opponents?
    Good lord, where and when are you living?

ReputationRep:
    Either way, Jewish people will always be the victims or fighting for something. The way it is the way it always has been.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ayaan)
    Opponents?
    Good lord, where and when are you living?
    Oh dear! I don't like getting 'told off' by you, you're usually right. Yes - opponents. Racial groups compete--not least and not least obviously 'Native' Americans against Whites and against other minorities.

A good portion of the news reports are about ethnic groups battling for military power, political power, spoils or land. It's what makes the world go round...

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear! I don't like getting 'told off' by you, you're usually right.
    Always, Arthur, always.

Yes - opponents. Racial groups compete--not least and not least obviously 'Native' Americans against Whites and against other minorities.

A good portion of the news reports are about ethnic groups battling for military power, political power, spoils or land. It's what makes the world go round...
    Not inherently, people do compete on the basis of perceived differences of any kind, but it's not desirable, and I would say that a lot of progress has been made in recent years.

I for example, a female of African descent would not consider you a rival on the basis of your gender or ethnicity. Your politics, however...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MolsakaG)
    Dunno, maybe there is a lower population density in Uganda? And the land from Germany could have been take to try and compensate for the Holocaust?! Dunno . . .
    Wouldn't the Germany scenario be punishing normal Germans for the acts of their government?

(Original post by GR4pilot)
    But those people dont have helicopter gunships to get it back with, if they did they would. And that's not the way good democratic policy is supposed to run; the US tries to give back as much native land as possible, as does Austrailia, we've given up Hong Kong and a number of other colonies because in the civilised world that's how we think.
    I wonder if that entitles me to a nice little holiday home in Normandy...

I hate to make the point, but if you go back far enough all land is theft. The first person to 'claim' it and exclude others from it was the original thief. However the land is now owned, for good or evil, by people who did not originally take it by force. Ownership becomes the luck of birth now and that's the way I'd like to keep it.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.