The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Bhaal85
What have you been watching? 'Air force one'? 'Passenger 57'? lol.

Would be possible if the terroists took a passenger hostage and threatened to cut the throat or soumething, and tehn go throught eh passports one by one. But very unlikely. Its more to do with spin than anything else.
Reply 21
Bhaal85
What have you been watching? 'Air force one'? 'Passenger 57'? lol.

ive not been watching anything! im just saying that its a possibilty.
Reply 22
2 2776
Would be possible if the terroists took a passenger hostage and threatened to cut the throat or soumething, and tehn go throught eh passports one by one. But very unlikely. Its more to do with spin than anything else.

Good point. Could they face making a difficult dilemma, to sacrifice one passenger to save 300?
Reply 23
2 2776

i guess once the terrorists take a passanger hostage, the guards might want to do something about it, rather than watch.
Reply 24
Dickie
i guess once the terrorists take a passanger hostage, the guards might want to do something about it, rather than watch.

Exactly provoking a response from other terroists still posing as passengers.
Reply 25
Bhaal85
Good point. Could they face making a difficult dilemma, to sacrifice one passenger to save 300?

But thing is though, if they try to kill the terroist it will have to try shoot the passenger first, and when news leaks out of that happening...well the reprecussions are pretty dire.
Bhaal85

And will they be paid enough money to justify taking on this much responsibility.
Reply 27
The stupidity of the whole thing is that the pilots are going to be told where the armed security people are sitting on the plane. So it would be quite easy for a terrorist to find out where the guards are sitting and exploit the knowledge they have and use it to their advantage.
Reply 28
G4ry
The stupidity of the whole thing is that the pilots are going to be told where the armed security people are sitting on the plane. So it would be quite easy for a terrorist to find out where the guards are sitting and exploit the knowledge they have and use it to their advantage.

I really don't think they would be that stupid as to give out where teh guards are sitting surely? That would somehow be contary to the secret passenger idea...
Reply 29
2 2776
I really don't think they would be that stupid as to give out where teh guards are sitting surely? That would somehow be contary to the secret passenger idea...

It's true, i heard that the pilots will be notified of the seating arrangements.
Reply 30
Just found a link about sky marshals that will answer some questions asked.

http://www20.brinkster.com/salhq/airlines.html
Reply 31
G4ry
It's true, i heard that the pilots will be notified of the seating arrangements.

Stupid, stupid people. Surely they should only know like we have 2 air marchals in the flight in the economy class, and one in second class. And you don't ahve to know the seat numbers...what would that achieve?

Like an announcement:

We are pleased to have an air marshal with us today on seat F4, we hope you have a pleasant journey.
Of course there is always the alternative - the flight crew don't know if there is a skymarshall on board (or who he is) and have to take on trust that the "sky marshall" and the "terrorist" he's caught are really who they say they are.
Reply 33
Having guns on a plane would make it sooo much easier for terrorists. They would just have to take them off the guards instead of trying to smuggle weapons through etc
Reply 34
First of all, happy new year chaps!
The fact of having a marshall inside a plane is like having a policeman in a football stadium, to preserve security. I don´t think there would be more risk if we had an armed person inside, he would have stopped the september 11th attacks if he had been there, inside those planes.
Anyway, people are conscious of what happened that day, and we wouldn´t permit a terrorist to take control of the plane again
Well, having 50 or so armed police on a plane is useless if someone has a trigger in their hand because even if he/she is shot, one press = KABOOM! Therefore, I think of the first things they should be concentrating on are the people who board the plane. They are probably doing this already but increase the damn security! Even if it means opening their luggage to check. It might mean invading our privacy but this is our lives we are talking about.

But yea, I'm still in support for armed police if it means better security.
Reply 36
feltree
First of all, happy new year chaps!
The fact of having a marshall inside a plane is like having a policeman in a football stadium, to preserve security. I don´t think there would be more risk if we had an armed person inside, he would have stopped the september 11th attacks if he had been there, inside those planes.
Anyway, people are conscious of what happened that day, and we wouldn´t permit a terrorist to take control of the plane again

If security with internal flights in america was stricter, september 11th would never have happened. The terrorists would never have been allowed on the plane with any weapons, such as: guns, knives, scissors even nail files. So there is really no need for sky marshals just increase security through transit. Although sky marshals is not a new idea, ELAL have had sky marshals for years and pilot canins that can be opened from one side only.

Latest

Trending

Trending