What do fat people wear in the summer.

Watch
Kash:)
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hi i'm fat.

I am 5'5 and 160lbs. Not very much of that is muscle at all.

What can I wear in the summer?

I have big boobs (32J) and that causes problems too with clothes styles and stuff.

I also want to avoid showing of my rolls on my tummy. I have a fat tummy.

I am a size 12 jeans, which is suprising. I probably look more like a 14-16 jeans. Top size varies a lot.

I have a muffin top, not because my jeans are too tight though. If i'm standing completely naked i'd still have a muffin top, due to the fat tummy.

Got some love hate handles too.

Diet and exercise is a bit hard at the moment. Use to go running a lot but got an injury so that has been stopped for ages.

I'm starting to do loads and loads of studying/revision at the moment so diet isn't as good. Mainly ready meals and quick things, so high in carbs. Also i'm staying up later at night so need that extra energy to keep me awake.

Anyway, back to main point: I'm fat, what clothes can I wear.
caseyhayes
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Aww I'm sure you're being hard on yourself.
However hows about white jeans/linen trousers, since you've got size 12 legs, with floaty tops to cover the bits you dont like? With a light coloured shrug to cover shoulders if you want them covered!

Maxi dresses may be flattering if they fit your bust well? If you keep it light coloured and florally maybe it'll look more summery Will have a think some more.
Rep:
?
(Original post by caseyhayes)
Aww I'm sure you're being hard on yourself.
However hows about white jeans/linen trousers, since you've got size 12 legs, with floaty tops to cover the bits you dont like? With a light coloured shrug to cover shoulders if you want them covered!

Maxi dresses may be flattering if they fit your bust well? If you keep it light coloured and florally maybe it'll look more summery Will have a think some more.
What are floaty tops?

I have yet to find a dress that fits my bust without it being far to large on the rest of me
Care-Free
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
have you tried those long tops that are in fashion now with a pair of jeans? the tops are quite floaty and light so you wont be too warm but they dont really show body shape either, im sure your being hard on yourself though, flaunt your curves we need more confident girls walking round

http://www.asos.com/Asos/Asos-Pintuc...t=-1&clr=Cream

like those, im not saying go buy them lol, just an example of something light and floaty, they're lovely and cool
~ Purple Rose ~
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Whatever you feel comfortable in.
caseyhayes
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kash:))
What are floaty tops?

I have yet to find a dress that fits my bust without it being far to large on the rest of me
Care-free's example is fab just something you'll be cool in and won't cling to all the bits you want to hide. What type of stuff do you wear normally? Just cos it's a bit warmer outside you may not have to dress toooo differently.

And ignore the people posting in the thread without thinking! Loadssss of girls think summer is harder to dress for
truthandtragedy
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I wouldn't consider myself fat, but I'm certainly more on the chubby side rather than skinny. Today, I went to the beach and ended up wearing a white vest top and a floral patterned skirt which seemed to flatter my thighs. It wasn't really an issue for me, because I'm nearly always wearing skirts or dresses anyway, but always with tights. Bare legs without heels scare me, so I was a bit uncomfortable today heh. It's difficult because I'm generally a size 12, sometimes a 10 for dresses, but I also have large boobs (32F) and so it's difficult to get clothing to fit right or flatter me. I'm constantly trying to hide my boobs, they're such a pain in the ass!

But yeah. Basically, stick to shapes which flatter your body, rather than fashion trends. Skater dresses are supposed to be flattering for larger women, but I got one today and it makes my boobs look ridiculous. :P: Avoid shorts, or at least tight-fitted shorts, I find that they tend to emphasise thighs. Look for floaty skirts maybe, tops which skim the belly.
~ Purple Rose ~
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Care-Free)
have you tried those long tops that are in fashion now with a pair of jeans? the tops are quite floaty and light so you wont be too warm but they dont really show body shape either, im sure your being hard on yourself though, flaunt your curves we need more confident girls walking round

like those, im not saying go buy them lol, just an example of something light and floaty, they're lovely and cool
That top's really nice
Cultivated
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Why don't you just lose some weight? Still a couple of months left. One hour at the gym isn't a very hard goal.
KG*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Some pale, coloured or even floral leggings can look nice with tunic tops to cover the tummy and hip areas and will help to keep you cool
ChannieAlana
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You are not fat!

But if you're conscious.... kaftans are normally a hit

either that or hit a gym.x
Leahcar
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Oh my lord actually shut up!! You're a size 12... the way you're talking that's massive when it clearly isn't...
Elin Maria Pernilla Norde
Report 10 years ago
Don't wear anything. Simples
Rep:
?
(Original post by Care-Free)

I've tried stuff like that before, but they make me look really pregnant :o:

It is nice though.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cultivated)
Why don't you just lose some weight? Still a couple of months left. One hour at the gym isn't a very hard goal.
If you read all of my first post you'll know that the gym isn't an option.

Plus the summers is here now, isn't it? Was very warm today.
z_ali
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Some people on here are so damn nasty ffs.
Try new look, they do nice floaty dresses, or what about maxi dresses
Kevin02
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kash:))
If you read all of my first post you'll know that the gym isn't an option.

Plus the summers is here now, isn't it? Was very warm today.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Leahcar)
Oh my lord actually shut up!! You're a size 12... the way you're talking that's massive when it clearly isn't...
it's people like YOU causing anorexia and bulimia you know... actually
:sigh: someone else who didn't read my first post properrly. If you go google my BMI you will see that i'm overweight, which according to TSR is 'clearly fat'. I also have size 16 and 18 tops, which according to TSR is 'fat'. And no, i'm my thoughts are not based on TSR, I am carrying around too much excess fat and I feel uncomfortable and can't find any clothes to help me. (thanks for all the replies, will research them tommorrow )

I'm not saying it's massive, i'm not saying anythings massive. Size 12 doesn't mean your fat/skinny/curvy etc, it's different for different people.

My mates a size 16 jeans, but she's so much skinnier then me, but she is very tall and has wide hips.

Seeing as i've suffered from eating disorders before and stuff it's ******* pissed me off that youve accused me of casing them so **** you. im ******* crying now. i cant stand this.
DarkWhite
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Since when is size 12 fat? Seriously, you can wear most stuff, and if you can't find a dress that fits you, then you're not alone - my ex was rather busty and had a few dresses custom-tailored - it only costs a few quid extra if you take it to a tailor's, although it's usually best to buy a size or 2 bigger to get the right bust then have it taken in, than trying to have it made bigger.

My ex was between size 8 and 12, depending what she bought, which was interesting. All I remember is that her jeans were 10/12 and her underwear 8. She was about the same height as you.

But seriously, you're not fat
crazyspacemonkey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ~ Mandy ~)
Whatever you feel comfortable in.
Yeah this. **** every one else if they don't like how you look they can look away.

If you're fat and you don't like it do something about it. If you can't do something about it, or you don't want to, then start learning to live with it. Own it, or it'll own you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of results day?

Very Confident (33)
8.03%
Confident (55)
13.38%
Indifferent (58)
14.11%
Unsure (105)
25.55%
Worried (160)
38.93%

Watched Threads