Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm looking to do French A2 Edexcel...
    i've looked at ICS and NEC and they do different boards so can anyone tell me other good companies for distance learning courses?

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I've done a couple of GCSEs through NEC, and I have to say it was fantastic! I did them through a scheme at my local college, where you are provided with packs from the NEC, but your assignments are marked by the college, and you are guaranteed a place for sitting the exams. It's also much cheaper than going through a distance learning company directly. AS levels through the college NEC programme cost about £150, while it can be up to £250 if you go with just the distance learning provider.

My advice would be to log on at the forum on the NEC website and see what their A level students say.

My experience has been good

ReputationRep:
    I've just done AS Law via Distance Learning (at school). The company was Moorhouse Black which uses the WJEC exam board (for Law anyway).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wippa_dippa)
    Hi!

I've done a couple of GCSEs through NEC, and I have to say it was fantastic! I did them through a scheme at my local college, where you are provided with packs from the NEC, but your assignments are marked by the college, and you are guaranteed a place for sitting the exams. It's also much cheaper than going through a distance learning company directly. AS levels through the college NEC programme cost about £150, while it can be up to £250 if you go with just the distance learning provider.

My advice would be to log on at the forum on the NEC website and see what their A level students say.

My experience has been good
    I did all my GCSEs through NEC - they're really good. I had a tutor for each subject to whom I sent assignments for marking and feedback, but you have to be very organised as you'll need to plan all your time for yourself.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.