Turn on thread page Beta

We should all do a RATE MY PIC thread watch

ReputationRep:
    Is it done already? :confused:?

What do you think ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm too sexy for this board, too sexy for this board ohh soo sexy it hurrrrrttttsss

ReputationRep:
    send a pic !!!!

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a bad idea, because to be totally honest (and i know I'll hurt some feelings here), it's a bit sad when you are so insecure about yourself that you want some annonymous people online to rate your picture.
    Just my opinion of course, if you want to start such a thread here for everyone to post in, go ahead, but I don't think it's a good idea. Some people may just post for fun, but mostly it will be insecure, self consious people and it won't really help them in my opinion at all, as what they need self confidence and posting a pic to be rated won't give you that - it's just sad really...
    sorry to hurt any feelings, but I'm just being honest here, as I don't really want to see a thread like this here.

ReputationRep:
    probably will make people more insecure, oh well

ReputationRep:
    It's always sort of interesting to compare how you'd rate yourself to how you're rated by others, but we have hotornot.com for that, we don't need this board to be a deluge of "Rate me!!" threads!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adarah)
    sorry to hurt any feelings
    :confused:?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    It's always sort of interesting to compare how you'd rate yourself to how you're rated by others, but we have hotornot.com for that, we don't need this board to be a deluge of "Rate me!!" threads!

guess so :rolleyes: oh well that was a thread wasted lol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Random one)
    :confused:?
    well, someone has made a 'rate me thread' here, didn't really want to hurt her feelings

ReputationRep:
    why should we care what other people think of us?

ReputationRep:
    lol we shouldn't. just thought it would be funny

ReputationRep:
    Only if everyone promises to rate me 7 and above :rolleyes:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    Only if everyone promises to rate me 7 and above :rolleyes:.
    7 is the minimum I would accept. I've already got a 5/10 from Random_One (the cheek!) and a 6/10 from x-Jo-x. I've had enough of this crap

Rating is interesting when it's not just anybody rating you :rolleyes: I mean what do I care if some chav from Harlow thinks I look like ****?

Try www.beautifulpeople.com Of course I didn't get in. I'm only a 6 after all :rolleyes: but it's interesting to see what people of the opposite sex consider as good-looking. It's quite an eye-opener.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    Try www.beautifulpeople.com Of course I didn't get in. I'm only a 6 after all :rolleyes: but it's interesting to see what people of the opposite sex consider as good-looking. It's quite an eye-opener.
    But I like to keep my eyes shut .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingslaw)
    But I like to keep my eyes shut .
    :eek:
    you must be really ugly then... loads of scars on your face from where you ran into lamp posts and walls cause you didn't have your eyes open... :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I thought loads of people were being fake nice in blue angels thread.... a bit patronising some of those posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomaz)
    I thought loads of people were being fake nice in blue angels thread.... a bit patronising some of those posts.
    Exactly why such a thread will not really help anyone who is unsure about their looks. You just don't know if it was really honest or not and even if it was, you just can't look the other person in the face and well... it's just not the same as getting an honest compliment from someone you know without asking for it, but just getting it out of nowhere like...
    It's like going shopping with a guy and asking if you look fat in that dress situation. They aren't going to tell you that you look fat even if that dress is not very flattering and the random ******** standing nearby will just snicker and say you look like an elephant in it, even if it's an nice dress and you don't look fat in it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangomaz)
    fake nice, defo, especially Mikey. :rolleyes:
    The results were what I sorta expected, a normal curve, where average would be the highest. But I have liked the tips people have gave me, mates and family would never tell the truth, they would never tell meif I looked horrible in one hair style to not to hurt my feelings. But strangers would, which Is good, cos honesty is what I want. However if I was a noob on here, I think I would have got different results compared to the one now. Ive also noticed that most of my buddies on TSR havent polled, I can see why now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    fake nice, defo, especially Mikey. :rolleyes:
    The results were what I sorta expected, a normal curve, where average would be the highest. But I have liked the tips people have gave me, mates and family would never tell the truth, they would never tell meif I looked horrible in one hair style to not to hurt my feelings. But strangers would, which Is good, cos honesty is what I want. However if I was a noob on here, I think I would have got different results compared to the one now. Ive also noticed that most of my buddies on TSR havent polled, I can see why now.
    I'm glad some of the tips have been helpful for you, I just think it would have been better for you if you had just asked for help with something specific, like: do you like my haircut, or such like. A haircut is something you can change, your bonestructure, position and shape of eyes and mouth which make up your 'look' cannot be changed. Having someone critique your facial features is different from someone critiquing makeup, eyebrow plucking and haircut. Hope you know what i mean...

ReputationRep:
    No; because I'd be liable for damage incurred: emotional; psychological; retinal, or otherwise.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2005
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.