Turn on thread page Beta

Quick "Messy" Hair Styles watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    How do i get a "messy" style? my hair is so soft, it always slips...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~MOi~)
    How do i get a "messy" style? my hair is so soft, it always slips...

How long is your hair and do you have straight or curly hair: thick, mid or fine?

ReputationRep:
    fine hair, straight, layered the lowest layer right over my breast and the highest under my chin...

ReputationRep:
    My hair is very similar to yours. What I do is, after I've washed my hair, I tie it up in a bun and just let it dry like that. And when I undo the bun, it creates a 'messy' style. It's not very 'professional' but that's how I do it...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~MOi~)
    fine hair, straight, layered the lowest layer right over my breast and the highest under my chin...

To get a messy look, your hair needs movement and texture . This is where products come in.

You need something like tigi rubber rage(it's about maybe $20)which is a hair wax. Styling your hair by using a diffuser can help, it reduces staticness and gives it volume.

Once hair is dry you should then apply a touch of a product like rubber rage through your hair. Run it through your hair with your fingers, focusing more on the ends to ensure it doesn't look too heavy on the roots(too much can make your hair appear greasy). Whilst running the product through your hair scrunch and ruffle your hair with your fingers.

This should give a messy kind of look but will keep it stylish too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaded.)
    My hair is very similar to yours. What I do is, after I've washed my hair, I tie it up in a bun and just let it dry like that. And when I undo the bun, it creates a 'messy' style. It's not very 'professional' but that's how I do it...

If it works, great!!!

ReputationRep:
    If the problem is because your hair is fine then i can help you out..

Paul Mitchell make a spray in root lift product that you can squirt onto your scalp at random,
    then scrunch your hair up and just messily blowdry it.
    Very quick to do (1-2 minutes) and immediately makes it look nicely scruffy.

If youre after something to keep your hair in place all day once it's put up,
    then Lee Stafford's "as ruff as you like" applied sparingly works like a charm.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks you guys, ill try em out. any more hair tips?
    venus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~MOi~)
    Thanks you guys, ill try em out. any more hair tips?
    venus

Have a look in Dannibella's hair thread in this forum somewhere, you will pick up some great tips there!!!!

ReputationRep:
    ok, oh... you know where the hair parts? that line? has anyone magaed to get rid of it?

venus

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 20, 2005
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.