Turn on thread page Beta

Pedro The Lion watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Not sure too many people on here will know this guy

Pedro The Lion is the name of David Bazan's band (or solo act on quite a few occasions). The guy has had a cult status in US indie for years and he's coming to London next month! and he's doing a European tour. It's hard to describe his music as he's went through different phases. At the moment it's mostly indie rock but he started off doing more folky, melacholic stuff. The lyrics are amazing and his songs are covered with sarcasm.

If you're interested in discovering an amazing artist try out his website and a website with some samples although it's quite a shame they don't have songs from my favourite albums: It's Hard To Find A Friend and Winners Never Quit.

www.pedrothelion.com
    http://www.purevolume.com/pedrothelion/music

Listen to Bands With Managers off Achilles' Heel. According to a few people (in an issue of NME :rolleyes:), that was the best song of 2005. But if you get round to listening his old songs, do! They're amazing: Whole, Lullaby, The Longer I Lay Here, Hymn, Bad Diary Days, Of Minor Prophets And Their Prostitute Wives.

ReputationRep:
    the only good christian rock band.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't call his stuff christian rock. It's not really influenced by christian rock. He just talks a bit about his beliefs in his songs.

With songs like "Of Minor Prophets and Their Prostitute Wives", it's hard to compare him to a Christian rock band. Plus the vast majority of his songs have nothing to do with religion: songs about growing up, about female body hair, about cheating...

But if some people want to class him as Christian rock, why not...

ReputationRep:
    I remember, supported Slayer in their "demons from hell" tour of 1989.......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CasterTroy)
    I remember, supported Slayer in their "demons from hell" tour of 1989.......
    No he doesn't do tours organised by the Repressed Homosexual Association of North America.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.