Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How do I get a Ucas Clearing form? Does anyone know if they can be emailed or faxed?
    Time running out!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If you mean your CEF it will be posted. Once UCAS know you're eligable for Clearing you'll get one

ReputationRep:
    No hun they can't. I can't believe UCAS hasn't sent you one yet (usually sent the day after results are out). I'd phone their helpline as soon as you can.
    Hope that helps
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FlyingIsis)
    How do I get a Ucas Clearing form? Does anyone know if they can be emailed or faxed?
    Time running out!
    i dont have one either.

i dont even have a number, but newcastle didnt release me from their waiting list until late friday afternoon, im expecting it on monday.

and dont worry, time isnt running out! this is the problem with clearing, people panic and just accept places without visiting.

i have 3 visits next week, and fully intend not to decide until i have seen every institution and clearly thought out all my options.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had mine yet. i have rang ucas twice now and they have said they will definitely be out to us by next thursday. The problem is the uni i have applied to through clearing wants my cef by next friday! Both your firm and insurance have to let ucas know your were unsuccessful...unfortunately one of mine hasn't bothered too yet even though i have told them my situation!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    If you explain the problem to a uni and say you really want to go there they may hold the place longer for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    If you explain the problem to a uni and say you really want to go there they may hold the place longer for you.
    I think i will definitely do that if i don't get the form soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carla18)
    I haven't had mine yet. i have rang ucas twice now and they have said they will definitely be out to us by next thursday. The problem is the uni i have applied to through clearing wants my cef by next friday! Both your firm and insurance have to let ucas know your were unsuccessful...unfortunately one of mine hasn't bothered too yet even though i have told them my situation!
    newcastle put me on a wiating list, then told me i couldnt go, but left me on the list!

i emailed the admissions tutor, and he was really great, got me taken off and also offered me an unconditional course for next year.

so.. email the admissions tutor, if you havent already.

(Original post by Juno)
    exactly. i explained to goldsmiths i wasnt officialy on clearing, so he invited me for an "interview". basically, they are holding my place for me.

ReputationRep:
    Should take a week or so by post if not longer....
    But the Uni says it will hold your place.. I'm just not sure, because they also said they'd email and they havent. So I phoned them up... and they're dragging their feet. Come on Notts, what are you doing? York... move your ass... Imperial... boot it! NOW!
    Not sure if it helps much... or just creates more anxiety... Just tell Notts to give you confirmation in writing. Insist!

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry guys and gals! If you've already become eligible for Clearing and got your Clearing number from UCAS Track, then request the uni to accept you right away just by your Clearing no. and UCAS no. This is what UCAS suggested me to do and I have already done it.

As you can see from my signature, I'm applying to Plymouth, they've just considered me and have offered me a place unofficially (i.e. they've reserved a place for me). As soon as I receive my CEF and send it to the uni, my place will be confirmed. I think you can do the same thing if you haven't received your CEF yet.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.