Turn on thread page Beta

Psychology watch

I'm doing AS psychology coursework at the moment but I can't think of what to base my questionnaire on... Does anyone have any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    Psychology is such a diverse subject there about probably a million different things you could do a questionnaire on! Do you have any idea which area of Psychology you want to investigate or any particular topics in mind??
    If you could narrow it down a bit then it will be easier for us all to think of some ideas

ReputationRep:
    Our teacher tells us memory is one of the easiest things to do for coursework. It's easy to test, you can say a lot about it, and you don't have to worry about ethical issues.

ReputationRep:
    I did one on STM by replicating the Brown & Peterson Technique. I got 51/60 for my draft and hopefully after some amendments, I should get at least 55/60 after receiving it back next week. 2 of my close friends got 56/60 and 59/60. Deciding on what to base your coursework on is the hardest part. The next hardest part is finding the RELEVANT information. If you look through the coursework section of most good AS and A2 text books, they should have plenty of good ideas. They should also have guidelines and mark schemes to help you.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah memory is one of the simplest ones to do i think - we were told that too - and relatively easy to get good marks on. However....I did mine on memory (eyewitness testimony) and by the time I got to the end of it i regretted not doing something a bit more interesting even if it would have taken a bit more work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by person)
    I'm doing AS psychology coursework at the moment but I can't think of what to base my questionnaire on... Does anyone have any ideas?
    STRESS!!! I did that

ReputationRep:
    Oh God... psychology coursework. How I hated that! *shudders* :eek:

Hmm, I'd say do something original, something that looks sophisticated, I did boring things (which my teacher recommended) and ended up with a D. Maybe something to do with cognitive psychology, such as memory as suggested above. That's a good one. A friend of mine did that and got a B. Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    I also suggest stress. I got an A for that. It's very easy. Good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it really matters what you choose. I don't think you also get marked for carrying it out as well. It's how you write about it afterwards which gives you the marks. I wanted to do something original to impress the teachers but I went for STM instead since I wasted 2 weeks deciding on what to do and got the marks because I followed the guidelines like I was supposed to. And yea, you shouldn't blab on about things which have no relevance to what you are doing. As long as you follow every single point on the guidelines or mark schemes, you are guaranteed to get a good grade. Too many of my classmates over-estimated how hard the coursework was and this resulted in my class having their deadline extended by over a month. In the end, it had to be reduced because it wasn't fair on the other 2 Psychology classes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aglaea)
    I also suggest stress. I got an A for that. It's very easy. Good luck!!

Hi there, do you mind me asking what aspect of stress? I am looking into that for coursework?

I am also investigating coursework (poss) for stereotypes...

thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)
    Hi there, do you mind me asking what aspect of stress? I am looking into that for coursework?

I am also investigating coursework (poss) for stereotypes...

thanks
    Basically, I wrote a questionnaire to find out how different situations that could happen on a day to day basis effect the person answering the questionnaire on a scoring from 1-5. (1 being often and 5 being never) I also asked how often a situation occured for them.

To be honest, I done this last year and can barely remember the types of questions that I asked. :confused: Sorry if I haven't helped but feel free to ask again if I haven't answered your question correctly.

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I wrote a questionnaire to find out how different situations that could happen on a day to day basis effect the person answering the questionnaire on a scoring from 1-5. (1 being often and 5 being never) I also asked how often a situation occured for them.

To be honest, I done this last year and can barely remember the types of questions that I asked. :confused: Sorry if I haven't helped but feel free to ask again if I haven't answered your question correctly.
    No that's great. So basically, something based on the Holmes-Rahe scales, hassles & uplifts, calculating strss index scores...

One thing i am always wondering, is you pick a psychology field (e.g stress) conduct your own research, but are the evaluations etc supprted by other research (holmes-rahe) or are they like GCSE science experiment coursework.. WHICH I HATED! lol

I'm always a little weary of how you ananlyse results, you have to use the statistical devices?

Thank you very much for your help, about to start mine after jan exams .. undecided on topic though, stereotypes (how differs between gender/age), stress or the really easy memory..

Good luck with your exams etc.. thanks again

ReputationRep:
    forgive the spelling!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Specialheffa)
    No that's great. So basically, something based on the Holmes-Rahe scales, hassles & uplifts, calculating strss index scores...

One thing i am always wondering, is you pick a psychology field (e.g stress) conduct your own research, but are the evaluations etc supprted by other research (holmes-rahe) or are they like GCSE science experiment coursework.. WHICH I HATED! lol

I'm always a little weary of how you ananlyse results, you have to use the statistical devices?

Thank you very much for your help, about to start mine after jan exams .. undecided on topic though, stereotypes (how differs between gender/age), stress or the really easy memory..

Good luck with your exams etc.. thanks again
    Yeah, that's exactly it. I found it quite interesting as well.

I wouldn't know what GCSE science experiment coursework is as I didn't take GCSEs (I was living in america) I was quite confused myself when I started A level. I think all psychology work needs to be supported with other research though...especially when you write the final evaluation. That's the one thing that really gets you the marks...writing a detailed evaluation, pulling your questionnaire apart to comment on every little thing that could be improved and also intertwining researchers results to base your conclusions. I found it easier that way.

Good luck with all coursework/exams you have coming up too!

xx

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, that's exactly it. I found it quite interesting as well.

I wouldn't know what GCSE science experiment coursework is as I didn't take GCSEs (I was living in america) I was quite confused myself when I started A level. I think all psychology work needs to be supported with other research though...especially when you write the final evaluation. That's the one thing that really gets you the marks...writing a detailed evaluation, pulling your questionnaire apart to comment on every little thing that could be improved and also intertwining researchers results to base your conclusions. I found it easier that way.

Good luck with all coursework/exams you have coming up too!

xx
    Lol.. gcse science was horrible! Thanks very much for your tips, always a balanced answer as well, i've found! Well i can imagine my questionnaire (or what ever) will be ripped to shreds very easily.. lol..

Thanks again!

xx

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.