Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I did CCEA and AQA GCSE's and i was wondering do our schools get to know our results before us, and for how long, especially for ccea.

ReputationRep:
    yea they do thats why its always best to avoid eye contact at all costs!!! schools should know the majority if not all of your results by now! but i cant dwell on the subject because it often makes me feel quite sick.

ReputationRep:
    Of course they do. How else would they be able to get them ready for us? :p:

ReputationRep:
    My headmasters sadistic, so eye contact would probably be the same whatever the results - laughing at you when you walk up drive then fixing you with icy stare when you get inside. The Headmaster Vs Me stare fights are definetly something I'll miss!

ReputationRep:
    lol so true!! yea ive got teachers who would give me a dirty look regardless of my results!!

ReputationRep:
    yeah, i've got this teacher called SEVERUS SNAPE. total loser.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chewwy)
    yeah, i've got this teacher called SEVERUS SNAPE. total loser.

Really? :eek:

How coincedental!

There is a professor called Severus Snape in Harry Potter. What a small world we live in!

:eek:

ReputationRep:
    I was under the impression (by looking at various press releases on exam board websites regarding the distrubution of results) that schools do not infact know our results. I am absolutley positive that the results are only available to centres via EDI from 00:01 hours on the 24/08/2005 and they arrive in centres on the 25/08/2005.

EDI is of course short for Electronic Data Interchange- so basically sharing information over a wide area network such as the internet.

I could be wrong- but I am absolutley sure I am correct.

ReputationRep:
    According to AQA's On your marks thing at

http://www.aqa.org.uk/over/onyourmarks/script.html

Results are printed and schools recieve the results by the official date of publication, and also made available for schools electronically "for their own information systems.".

Hope this helps. xx

ReputationRep:
    i can imagine my teachers sorting through the results now and raising their eyebrows at certain pupils results lol.
    on the results day i am going to get my results and run haha, especially from my history teacher who specifically said to me "i want to see you at results day".

ReputationRep:
    examination centres don't recieve the results until the 25/08/05.

ReputationRep:
    Most of them get GCSEs on Tuesday and CCEA probably, tommorow.

(However, beware! There are some centres which have brainwashed their students into thinking that the results don't come to them, until they day of the results. Which, if you think about it, is pure fallacy)

ReputationRep:
    I thought schools got them in the few days before results day (ie. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesay, Thursday morning), but I don't know if I'm right!

ReputationRep:
    yeh they get them like the day before and put them into the envelopes for you or whatever so everyone will know yuor resuults because you just know that as their doing it round a table

'whose got martin bailey's AQA sheet?' etc they'll be like 'ooh look at this he got xx in his English' 'really, ooh look he got xx in his physics' etc! lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mtbab)
    yeh they get them like the day before and put them into the envelopes for you or whatever so everyone will know yuor resuults because you just know that as their doing it round a table

'whose got martin bailey's AQA sheet?' etc they'll be like 'ooh look at this he got xx in his English' 'really, ooh look he got xx in his physics' etc! lol
    ..Or worse, passing it round without saying anything, just sniggering.

ReputationRep:
    i can imagine them being passed round and saying, "Oh i expected better than that!!" god i cant ahndle much more of this i JUST WANT THEM NOW!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    lol. Hold on its just another 3 or so days!

ReputationRep:
    But I can't hold on! I NEED them now

ReputationRep:
    Some lucky people, who's close friends or family work in the school office, already know by now!

ReputationRep:
    ?? Thought it wasn't until Wednesday Morning that the school receieved them - i.e. the day before.

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.