The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
gossip_girl
if my head of year is there i will call him a ****ing ****** who cant teach

omgwtf:eek: same with head of sixth form in my old school...what a ****** he was...he accused everyone of being too dumb and discouraged people from reaching their full potential...hate teachers that tell people they are dumb, or try and make the point clear, that they aren't smart enough to apply to a certain uni:mad: he wouldn't let me and this other girl that got into oxford apply :mad: - with a bit of arguing, he gave in to the pressure...that ******...aghhh

ok..better stop now :rolleyes:
Reply 21
only got one gcse to collect cause i did maths two years early, and my teacher won't be there. bt its still bad cause all the other teachers are expecting me to do well. not sure il avoid them tho.
Reply 22
l will go and have a casual talk with them I suppose. Ask them to see the breakdownn and ask them how I compare with the rest of the set.
Reply 23
I dont think any of my teachers go to results day. Maybe the head teacher and head of year but thats it. Do your teachers all go to results day?
Reply 24
Actually I don't know, I presumed they'd be there!
Reply 25
If my Resistant Materials teacher turns up, I'll certainly try to avoid him. Two years of him hitting on me got a bit annoying
sheepgirl
I dont think any of my teachers go to results day. Maybe the head teacher and head of year but thats it. Do your teachers all go to results day?

Yes as far as I know the majority turn up - know for certain my History teacher is gonna be there which is extremely scary as I haven't a clue how I did in the exam :frown:
Reply 27
anightowl
Actually I don't know, I presumed they'd be there!

:ditto:

But the Headteacher and Head of houses certainly will be. Much to my dismay.
Two Tone
If my Resistant Materials teacher turns up, I'll certainly try to avoid him. Two years of him hitting on me got a bit annoying

:eek: .... you didn't do anything about him i.e report it?
I dont know really, i might try and avoid eye contact with those who taught me a subject that i totally failed...
Reply 30
loradora68
:eek: .... you didn't do anything about him i.e report it?

The whole class complained about him all the time. He was such a crap teacher, and pervy with it.
Two Tone
The whole class complained about him all the time. He was such a crap teacher, and pervy with it.

Ah I've had experience of complaints about crappy teachers falling on deaf ears - its as if they think you're making it up for some pathetic revenge or something. But pervy with it.... definately should have been investigated :confused:
Reply 32
loradora68
Ah I've had experience of complaints about crappy teachers falling on deaf ears - its as if they think you're making it up for some pathetic revenge or something. But pervy with it.... definately should have been investigated :confused:

They had a teacher in most of his lessons, but then he would just act normal. When we complained again, they just thought we were making it up.
I guess it all depends on how good my results are! Either way I'm going to have to face 1 or 2 of them, when collecting my results, and then when signing on for 6th form.
Reply 34
I won't mind talking to teachers whose subjects i've done well in. If i've done rubbish, especially in something i was meant to do well in, i'll try and avoid the teachers for those subs. That's if they are even there.

And ick about your teacher! Can't believe they didn't take you seriously.
Reply 35
About the prevy teacher -

You should of taken a video camera in with you, just what Anne Robinson would've done on watchdog!
I complained about a teacher once (for generally being an a**h*** - even telling me off for smiling!) ...didn't really help that much but I just put up with it as it was nearly the end of the year. When I got stuck in his class the next year as well i asked to move classes, so that was alright. However, everytime I see him now he gives me funny looks and even once asked me why i didn't wanna be in his class. Wierdo.

Anyway...results day. I'm not sure if my teachers will be there. I think some of them will. I won't avoid them if I get good results but if I don't (more likely - i have a bad feeling about my results) i'll probably just make a quick exit LOL.

Can I just ask, why would you lot avoid your teachers if you don't get good results? Personally, for me, it's probably because I'd feel like I'd let them down and wasted 2 years (or more for some of them) worth of their teaching. I might also feel like they're thinking 'if you had a problem with the work, why keep it to yourself - you should have told us and we coulda helped' kinda thing. Would you avoid your teachers for the same reasons? Or is it just because you're sick of those teachers and wanna move on?

MissSurfer
Reply 37
Same reasons, it would be especially annoying if they said that because I asked all of them for help at least once and they all turned me down apart from one who gave me 15 minutes, and biology teacher #4 who gave us 15 minutes every friday lunchtime for a term.
Reply 38
Probably the teachers that had been telling me that I was definately going to get a good grade. I hope to miss my English teacher who said I'd get an A in both lit and language because I reckon I've not done that well and could have done so much better :redface: Also my business studies teacher who was saying I could get an A* but I didn't finish the paper because of the lower time limit than last year and also because they'd banned us from taking calculators in!
Not many of my teachers were there on my GCSE results day actually. I saw one of my science teachers, my French teacher, my ICT teacher and both of my media studies teachers, but that was it. There were far more than there were on A-level results day though, which surprised me. I only saw one of my English teachers and there were only a handful of teachers in the hall. I know some were on holiday though.

Latest