medicine ppl watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    hi!
    oxford- interview then rejection
    b'ham- interview mon 12th
    ucl - interview wed 14th
    southampton- ack

pretty scared, hopefully i will do better in these interviews!! is anyone else really happy that southampton don't interview? less stress!

ReputationRep:
    Manchester: Interview 5th Feb
    Liverpool: Interview 12th Jan
    Newcastle: Waitin.............
    St Andrews: Still Waitin

ReputationRep:
    Bristol- ack
    Cambridge- offer (AAA)
    Newcastle- Interview (way back in nov)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John-P)
    Bristol- ack
    Cambridge- offer (AAA)
    Newcastle- Interview (way back in nov)
    Congrats ! Which Cambridge college? And what made you decide only to apply to 3 medical schools ?

ReputationRep:
    cheers. well i applied to sheffield but pressed return by acc to go down and felt dumb just posting another, but i havent heard anything yet from them, i think itd be dumber to apply to only three tho my mistake. Erm selwyn college at cambridge, by far my first choice absolutely amazing place. Am i right in thinking you got an oxford offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John-P)
    cheers. well i applied to sheffield but pressed return by acc to go down and felt dumb just posting another, but i havent heard anything yet from them, i think itd be dumber to apply to only three tho my mistake. Erm selwyn college at cambridge, by far my first choice absolutely amazing place. Am i right in thinking you got an oxford offer?
    Aww cool, one of my vet friends applied there (you guys probably had the same interviewers) but unfortunately she didn't get in. Supposed to be a lovely college though - quite a few of my friends applied there ! I do have an Oxford offer (despite my horrific BMAT experience, but let's not talk about that ) - AAA aswell :eek: - oh well, no pain, no gain !

ReputationRep:
    Finally I've heard something! Got an interview at leeds next month. Anyone had one there yet? I know im going to be petrified

ReputationRep:
    Just been rejected from Peninsula today. Damn, it was my top choice too! I was rejected without an interview, the *******s! I have the predicted grades and some work experience and everything!! Oh well, c'est la vie!!

I'm not too bummed to be honest with you, because I haven't heard a thing yet so it is nice to know something is going on with my application!!

ReputationRep:
    Applied to :
    Cambridge
    Manchester
    Edinburgh
    Newcastle

Got an offer from Cambridge, had an interview with Manchester on the 7th Jan. Newcastle the scum rejected me (pretty sure it was because i had applied to Cambridge - didnt even get an interview) and havnt heard anything from edinburgh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s.ahmad3)
    Got an offer from Cambridge, had an interview with Manchester on the 7th Jan. Newcastle the scum rejected me (pretty sure it was because i had applied to Cambridge - didnt even get an interview) and havnt heard anything from edinburgh
    How was your Manchester interview? I'd be greatful if you could briefly tell me what was asked..case study?
    And about newcastle rejecting you, they dont get to see where else you've applied, do they?

And congrats for ur camb offer.

ReputationRep:
    no unis cant c who else uv applied to until later on, i dont know exactly when later on is, but presumably not wen they're choosin which candidates to interview.
    ^so have u heard from n e of the med schs yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FunkyTeenAngel)
    no unis cant c who else uv applied to until later on, i dont know exactly when later on is, but presumably not wen they're choosin which candidates to interview.
    ^so have u heard from n e of the med schs yet?
    ive a liverpool offer of aab..thats all. i want to go to manchester / kcl though, so i wasnt exactly chuffed when i saw my liv offer..too stressed about man/kcl i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    well atleast ya no ur goin somewhere
    i wanna go kings too! looks like an amazing uni. but still havent heard n e thing. its not fairrrr

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 13, 2004
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.