The Student Room Group
Reply 1
same here, but i blame my parents.
I broke 1 of mine 2 but im trying 2 keep 2 the others :biggrin:
and me!i had said that i wouldnt eat much any more and already today ive eaten, a sandwich,packet of crisps and dinner! i feel so stuffed as well , but ah well i might just start it again!
I haven't even bothered making one. What's the point? I'll only break it.
My New Years Resolution is to stop making promises. So far, I've manage to stick to it. :smile:
a_musical_guy
My New Years Resolution is to stop making promises. So far, I've manage to stick to it. :smile:
why arent you very good at keeping promises?i never make a promise unless i know i'll be able to stick for it.
I make them all the the time and I never stick to them. For instance, when I have an essay due in say... on Jan 15th, I promise myself that I will start it on Jan 10th. Two weeks go by and when the 15th comes along, I can't be bothered. I then promise to do it on Jan 12th (which gives me 2 extra days to do what I want. Them days go by and I do the same thing over and over, until I miss the deadline.

I'm always making promises and most the time, they cause more problems than they solve.
Reply 8
dont do resolutions.. i just make them up during the yr.
Reply 9
i made a new years resalution not to make anymore new years resalutions back in 1998. it's the only time i've kept to it.
Reply 10
a_musical_guy

How ironic! hehehe isn't your resolution a promise? :wink:
Reply 11
Adhsur

ah, good point that. a paradox.
Reply 12
I am sticking to mine so far. have been tempted to bite the nails though.
Reply 13
Adhsur

hey Adhsur good to see ur back - hope your feeling OK - lots of ppl (inc me) in same boat as u are so cheer up :P

I made a really vague new year res that is hard to break (but hard to fulfill too) :biggrin: is one allowed to mention their resolution?
4Ed
hey Adhsur good to see ur back - hope your feeling OK - lots of ppl (inc me) in same boat as u are so cheer up :P

I made a really vague new year res that is hard to break (but hard to fulfill too) :biggrin: is one allowed to mention their resolution?

same here !!!!
hard to fulfill !!!
lol
Yep, broken mine as well, I think that there is just something about New Years Day that automatically makes people break their resolutions...oh and the day after that..and the day after that...

Latest

Trending

Trending