Turn on thread page Beta

Why are guys always so possesive? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polythenepam)
    just wondered if anyone could answer seeing as tihs always seems to happen to me
    thanx
    mwah!
    lol

usually its cos the guy is shook that his girl is gonna get taken away from her.

i've noticed it's down 2 insecurity. also it happens loads in university!!

bare insecure average guys holding on to their girl for dear life cos there's a wide range of fashionstas and top boys around the campus

ReputationRep:
    I have a good female friend who despite now having a child and being almost married is possessive with me. Whenever she sees a girl approach me or I'm talking to a girl I met, she makes sure she ruins any chance I have :rolleyes:. She even told me explicitly a long time ago, before she was a mother that she wanted to make sure no girl could steal me from her,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by polythenepam)
    just wondered if anyone could answer seeing as tihs always seems to happen to me
    thanx
    mwah!
    Firstly, this is a stupid generalisation, as has already been said.
    Secondly, have you considered you may be the problem? Maybe it's your lack of inhibitions that make guys possessive over you. Eh?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KenzoKenzo)
    also it happens loads in university!!

bare insecure average guys holding on to their girl for dear life cos there's a wide range of fashionstas and top boys around the campus
    tell me about this one... the funny thing is ive seen the average ones manage to convince the girls that the others are w**kers, so these other guys who might have been alrite anyway end up having little chance in the end...

moral of this story: pretend to be friends with everyone, and then its all gd

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    I have a good female friend who despite now having a child and being almost married is possessive with me. Whenever she sees a girl approach me or I'm talking to a girl I met, she makes sure she ruins any chance I have :rolleyes:. She even told me explicitly a long time ago, before she was a mother that she wanted to make sure no girl could steal me from her,
    i know she is a gd friend.. but jus have a chat wit her. and tell her where to place her opinions when other said girls are in conversation with u... thats harsh on you, cos she is, im assuming in a diferrent relationship or at least was... so cant keep you as well at the same time.

ReputationRep:
    Because humans are animals. And animals mostly think about reproduction. If the male doesn't watch over his female, she might have sex with another male and become impregnated by him. This will mean that for the next 9 months she will not be able to become pregnant with her male's genes, thus she is worthless in reproductory terms.

Women are less possessive because it doesn't matter quite so much if the male strays a little. After all, he has plenty of sperm. It is the resources that the male can provide for the female's offspring that is important to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheVlad)
    Because humans are animals. And animals mostly think about reproduction. If the male doesn't watch over his female, she might have sex with another male and become impregnated by him. This will mean that for the next 9 months she will not be able to become pregnant with her male's genes, thus she is worthless in reproductory terms.

Women are less possessive because it doesn't matter quite so much if the male strays a little. After all, he has plenty of sperm. It is the resources that the male can provide for the female's offspring that is important to her.
    That's probably true (but rather obvious). There was a serious article in THe Independent about the size of testicles in men: apparently some researchers thought the size of our balls was related to how loyal the females of our race were. For example, monkeys have relatively large testicles because the females tend to "cheat" a lot (if you can use that word for a monkey) whereas gorillas have miniscule testicles because their females are extremely loyal and only ever have one mate. Human beings are in the middle but I think the researchers noticed that testicles might be increasing in size...
    Apparently, if the females of a race have a lot of sexual partners, the testicles of the males have to increase in size to be more competitive in reproductory terms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KerChing)
    i know she is a gd friend.. but jus have a chat wit her. and tell her where to place her opinions when other said girls are in conversation with u... thats harsh on you, cos she is, im assuming in a diferrent relationship or at least was... so cant keep you as well at the same time.
    Well it's got better since she has her own family but she tends to be extremely nosey when it comes to my love/sex life and not long ago, I was on holiday and she was drunk and knew I had a chance with this German girl on the campsite so she interfered and messed things up.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 24, 2005
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.