Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone want to post his A-level Further Maths(AQA) mark? I mean the actual mark out of 600.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ferschu)
    Anyone want to post his A-level Further Maths(AQA) mark? I mean the actual mark out of 600.
    I didnt do it myself... but the 5 people at my school who did got ABOMINABLE marks. They'e all really clever and one got 1/100 on one module... whilst another ended up with just 192/600 at the end. Poor guy.

ReputationRep:
    Further maths is child abuse. Anyone who even attempts it, I have the utmost respect for.

ReputationRep:
    Is this AQA spec B or spec A? And love how you assume that posters will be male

F. Maths was my worst UMS mark but an A still...

ReputationRep:
    Our further maths set is quite amusing really. 18 Boys and 1 Girl. lol.

ReputationRep:
    spec B. and the word 'his' was unintentional. i meant his/her

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing further maths next year. There's 2 boys and me out of the whole 6th form doing it. Anyone done OCR further maths?

ReputationRep:
    I have just finished OCR further maths. 4 people did the whole thing. I got an A at AS further and a B at the full A2.

So if you have any questions fire away!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not nutty enough to do futher maths, but in the college I'm hopefully going to, about 60 out of 1,500 do it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Two Tone)
    I'm not nutty enough to do futher maths, but in the college I'm hopefully going to, about 60 out of 1,500 do it.
    Woah. 1500 in a year. My whole sixth form was less than 250 people.

ReputationRep:
    we have a sixth form of around 120 people and approx. 20 will be doing it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vazzyb)
    Our further maths set is quite amusing really. 18 Boys and 1 Girl. lol.
    Not half as amusing as mine, I'm sure.

3 people. 2 guys, 1 girl.

The other guy is the only one of us applying for Maths at uni, but does the least work. The girl is by far the cleverest, and get the best score (591/600 :eek: )

Yet this class only existed because I wrote letters to school etc. saying they should teach it properly. In the end, the other two got As and I got got a B. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    My further maths class consits of two people, including me.

Further maths is a barrel of laughs at my school, honest :rolleyes: ...

ReputationRep:
    Mine is also quite amusing. I am the only one in Malta who sat for the Further Maths exam. I got an A (576/600) but I did not cover Groups for MBP7, since I covered practically all of the syllabus in 2 months, so I left the whole question out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -mb-)
    Not half as amusing as mine, I'm sure.

3 people. 2 guys, 1 girl.

The other guy is the only one of us applying for Maths at uni, but does the least work. The girl is by far the cleverest, and get the best score (591/600 :eek: )

Yet this class only existed because I wrote letters to school etc. saying they should teach it properly. In the end, the other two got As and I got got a B. :rolleyes:
    lol. Irony.

ReputationRep:
    There started out being about 12 people doing Further Maths which after 2 years of doing only 2 guys proceeded to do one who got an A the other who also got an A in it...although as edexcel messed it around he for some reason didn't get a grade for normal maths

NB: Sounds abit like the fellowship of the ring...jst me eh? :p:

ReputationRep:
    My best mate dropped 9 marks in the entire thing (591/600). He onnly dropped 1 core mark out of C1-C4. Then again he is only doing Double maths and Physics this year!

ReputationRep:
    I've just gotten an A for my (self taught hee hee hee) further maths AS but that was with OCR.

My school's further maths class is made up of about 13 people of which one is a girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by feeling good)
    My best mate dropped 9 marks in the entire thing (591/600). He onnly dropped 1 core mark out of C1-C4. Then again he is only doing Double maths and Physics this year!
    C1-C4?? There is no C1-C4 in the AQA Further Maths exam.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl & the only person in my Further Maths "class" in my year, lol. Only done ASs so far, but my AS maths & FM combined mark so far is 530/600, if that's relevant...(OCR)

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.