Turn on thread page Beta

Dancing [love it or hate it?] watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    Hahaha, sounds like me when i'm dancing.
    Not tried the dual pistols before though, might give em a go :cool:

Personally I like 'digging the garden' 'dealing cards' and 'onepotato - twopotato' and maybe a few 'saturday night - wigfield' style moves. No-one cares what you do really, I don't pay attention to what anyone else does when i'm out, unless they're my friends.
    When I'm really really pissed I do the Garth in Wayne's World 2 "Foxy Lady" dance. I don't even do it very well but it definitely weirds people out! Which can be good.

The trouble with being really really drunk (standing up is a struggle) and being on the dance floor is that I can't even hear the beat. I sometimes wonder what I look like in that case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamu)
    'dancing shows that your good in bed thing'
    Have you seen some of the moves out there? So yes, dancing is essentially sex standing up...with your clothes (or at least most of them!) on.

But seriously, dancing is getting to that tribal instinct, it's a release, both emotional and physical. You don't need to know HOW to dance necessarily. This will sound corny, but you gotta let the music move you. The music leads, it commands the body.

Choreographing a song takes hours of just listening to the song. You have to become completely intimate with the music, so essentially you're kinda having sex with the song.

Dancing in public is great, because you're showing the world what you're all about. But dancing in the privacy of your own room is just as fun! Think sex in public vs. masturbation.

Both equally satisfying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WetMyWhistle)
    Dancing in public is great, because you're showing the world what you're all about. But dancing in the privacy of your own room is just as fun! Think sex in public vs. masturbation.

Both equally satisfying.
    Nah, sex in public is millions of times better.

I never used to like dancing, but I've changed my mind recently. I used to feel the need to be pretty drunk and there to be a packed dancefloor, so I didnt stick out, before even considering dancing, but now it doesnt really bother me.

ReputationRep:
    i love dancing, im not the best dancer but i am at one with the dancefloor. i love watching guys who can dance but i also love watching guys who dont have a clue, it is the cutest thing! the guy i am most in love with at the moment is a truly appalling dancer. seriously dont think about it, easier said than done i know, just let it all out. the beat of your own drum and all that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamTheMan)
    How do girls deal with guys trying to dance with them when they do or don't want to dance with them?
    It's annoying when you're dancing with your mates and random guys just come up and start dancing behind you and grabbing hold of you, especially when theyre like 30 usually! We normally just say we're going to the toilets and then run away!

ReputationRep:
    Club dancing is alright
    But you know what I really love? My mate Jon learned to do PROPER dancing - like the chachacha and ballroom and modern jive and stuff. And when he's drunk we dance the night away properly - with dips and stuff And over the last couple of months he's danced with most of my other female friends
    It's SOOO MUCH FUN!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    It's annoying when you're dancing with your mates and random guys just come up and start dancing behind you and grabbing hold of you, especially when theyre like 30 usually! We normally just say we're going to the toilets and then run away!
    oh god this happened to me the other day, the guy was sweating and had bad breath. and he was wearing shades! in a dark nightclub! oh god and he was trying to show off twirling around and stuff, not impressive. i just edged away subtly.

ReputationRep:
    I also feel the same - I get paranoid.

However, after a few drinks I stop and think the following:

"Wait a minute! How many people do I look at when I am clubbing dancing?"

The answer is: NONE - If your in a big crowd of people - no one cares. The only time they will look at how well you dance is if your on a stage or something.

If your in a big crowd with a cool beat to the tune thats on, most people just jump up and down in time with the beat with their hands in the air. They're often isn't much room to start moonwalking, etc. lol :p: :rolleyes:

The problem most have is cos they think people are observing them as if they are in a contest - your NOT. NO ONE CARES! Just have a good time.

ReputationRep:
    yeah it's fun, no one really cares how you dance, unless you look like a puppet being controlled by someone with epilepsy. go somewhere loud with lots of bass and beats, and you wont care, just imitate other people (except the epileptic puppet people).

ReputationRep:
    Omg dancing! Woooot! I love it.

I used to do ballet when I was younger so naturally I love to dance [not ballet anymore though...lol].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Why don't you just shake your head and say no thanks? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    i really dont like dancing, i feel like such a prat and i cant help being aware of how I must look to others. I always get dragged to go dance by my girlfriend or other people and i really cant stand it, but they wont listen. When a song looses tempo, you make a quick dash to the bar and get a strong drink and head on back to the dance floor :P

ReputationRep:
    LOVE dancing-esp. ballroom and latin american dancing of which i am in the committee of the society in my university. love dancing at clubs too.

ReputationRep:
    'E' is the gateway to loving dancing. Love it.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2005
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.