Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    which person? which story.....because with that statement i cant tell who you are talking about.
    Who was it?

I hope they didn't literally stick somebody onto a pan and fry them like a pancake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Who was it?

I hope they didn't literally stick somebody onto a pan and fry them like a pancake.
    i dont know, thats what im asking, and i practacailly know the bible back and forth.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    curryADD you don't really understand what you have said

I think it is ok for an innocent man to die because the system got it wrong.

Yes...of course...
    it is, i would rather one innocent die than 12 because a serial killer got out on parole. i would rather take that chance than letting a convicted killer back out of jail.

ReputationRep:
    which person? which story.....because with that statement i cant tell who you are talking about.
    It might be in the book of the maccabbees (spelling?)
    I forget the name of the executed, but it was from one of the occasions when Judea had been invaded by people hostile to the religious customs of the Israelites, and there was a whole family had their limbs cut off and were fried in a pan because they refused to eat pork. Sorry if thats a bit vague, but I'm dredging up GCSE Religion here and it was many moons ago, so apologoes if I got the name of the book or the story itself tits up.
    Cheers corey!

ReputationRep:
    it is, i would rather one innocent die than 12 because a serial killer got out on parole. i would rather take that chance than letting a convicted killer back out of jail.
    Ok, you get put in jail for a murder you didn't do and get killed as a result of it.

I'm sure you would be sitting their thinking - yes this is completly morally acceptable because I might save a few peoples lives

OH PLEASE.

Next you'll be telling me we should hang an innocent person to act as a dettorent to others! Utiliarinism does not work missy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    I forget the name of the executed, but it was from one of the occasions when Judea had been invaded by people hostile to the religious customs of the Israelites, and there was a whole family had their limbs cut off and were fried in a pan because they refused to eat pork. Sorry if thats a bit vague, but I'm dredging up GCSE Religion here and it was many moons ago!
    Cheers corey!
    you mean curry right? there is no book of maccabbees....its not in my bible....:confused:

ReputationRep:
    you mean curry right? there is no book of maccabbees....its not in my bible....:confused:
    Why would anyone thank you, INNOCENT PEOPLE KILLER!

ReputationRep:
    because he night kill more than one person after he got out of jail before he went back to prison..

This is true, but do you not think it is much more serious if the state kills an innocent person? Fine, if you really can't trust any of them to be let out, lock them up for life. Don't kill them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    I forget the name of the executed, but it was from one of the occasions when Judea had been invaded by people hostile to the religious customs of the Israelites, and there was a whole family had their limbs cut off and were fried in a pan because they refused to eat pork. Sorry if thats a bit vague, but I'm dredging up GCSE Religion here and it was many moons ago, so apologoes if I got the name of the book or the story itself tits up.
    Cheers corey!
    Is that where we get 'Porky the pig' from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hitchhiker_13)
    This is true, but do you not think it is much more serious if the state kills an innocent person? Fine, if you really can't trust any of them to be let out, lock them up for life. Don't kill them.
    but the system doesnt lock people in for life. for example: in texas, a man who has been convicted of killing and raping 13 different, and suspected of killing and raping 36 more, is getting out this year. after being in prison for twelve years.

ReputationRep:
    but the system doesnt lock people in for life. for example: in texas, a man who has been convicted of killing and raping 13 different, and suspected of killing and raping 36 more, is getting out this year. after being in prison for twelve years.
    curryADD I fear your lack of morality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    curryADD I fear your lack of morality.
    why? i would like to see him dead. however the death penalty is pointless, as much as i like the idea, because the appeals, for it to happen, costs about 11 million dollars.....

ReputationRep:
    why? i would like to see him dead. however the death penalty is pointless, as much as i like the idea, because the appeals, for it to happen, costs about 11 million dollars.....
    You seem to be too keen to see the death of those you dislike...

ReputationRep:
    I totally agree. I think the death penalty is wrong, but when somebody gets life imprisonment that should be LIFE imprisonment. You should only be given a chance to get out early after a long period of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikesgt2)
    I totally agree. I think the death penalty is wrong, but when somebody gets life imprisonment that should be LIFE imprisonment. You should only be given a chance to get out early after a long period of time.
    Just how does one get out 'early' after a 'long' period of time? You threw me with that one. I personally believe we have a place for the death penalty, yet only on the basis of a sound confession. If the prisoner denies it, then the death penalty should not come into play at all.

ReputationRep:
    i think its wrong the death penalty cos they dont suffer for what they have done cos dont before they die they get forgiven by God
    well thats all right go kill someone get forgiven by god and go and join him haha

and i can't believe they give human rights to these criminals they dont think of the people they are affecting, so why give them any rights at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    Frying him or her would certainly minimise the chances of reform, what with the offender being dead and all.
    How would you know whether a previous murderer has been reformed or not, unless you released back into society? There should be no "reform", the victim doesn't have a chance to be released back into respectable society after all. To have a murderer released into society after someone said he has "reformed" and then to have him kill again is a situation which should never occur. And if you find me someone who has an accurate perception of the murderer's mind and could 100% say that this person is reformed, I'd give you a cookie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timeofyourlife)
    How would you know whether a previous murderer has been reformed or not, unless you released back into society? There should be no "reform", the victim doesn't have a chance to be released back into respectable society after all. To have a murderer released into society after someone said he has "reformed" and then to have him kill again is a situation which should never occur. And if you find me someone who has an accurate perception of the murderer's mind and could 100% say that this person is reformed, I'd give you a cookie.
    I never actually said whether or not I felt that total reform was possible, merely pointed out that being a corpse significantly reduces ones chances of it. Dont make assumptions. Or patronise me.
    It also seems to me that some of your views are motivated by the desire for revenge, which is disturbing. Society getting its own back on the murderer is not something which deserves to be taken into consideration.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xAngelx)
    i think its wrong the death penalty cos they dont suffer for what they have done cos dont before they die they get forgiven by God
    well thats all right go kill someone get forgiven by god and go and join him haha

and i can't believe they give human rights to these criminals they dont think of the people they are affecting, so why give them any rights at all
    Yet it costs a small fortune of tax payers money to keep the pricks alive. If they admit they did the crime, kill em. If they deny it, then for God's sake don't touch em. Innocent people dying isn't on, let them appeal, or be reasoned to accepting the death penalty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sire)
    Yet it costs a small fortune of tax payers money to keep the pricks alive. If they admit they did the crime, kill em. If they deny it, then for God's sake don't touch em. Innocent people dying isn't on, let them appeal, or be reasoned to accepting the death penalty.
    but there was a list in the paper a few years ago of all the people put to death after been sentenced, but it turned out they was innocent and that and it made me relise all them families that have to live with their love ones who dies innocent

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.