Turn on thread page Beta

where is the best place to meet that special someone? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    there has been several threads about love lately and here comes another one. where is the best place to meet somebody? is it school,work,internet,through friends, at parties, the pub, internet or somewhere else where do you think?

ReputationRep:
    at a party or in bar.

ReputationRep:
    School or Work... I just think its better to meet someone through that as you will see them more often, giving you more chances to talk with them. Also it makes work/school more interesting (maybe hinder it as well) but thats part of the fun.

ReputationRep:
    i've met my girlfriend over the Internet, but we still haven't met cos i'm here in the UK and she is in mimai.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    i've met my girlfriend over the Internet, but we still haven't met cos i'm here in the UK and she is in mimai.
    That's just brilliant...

ReputationRep:
    Doesnt really matter, although the internet is a bit tricky unless you move from the internet to real life, because there are many people that are completely different online to offline.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Doesnt really matter, although the internet is a bit tricky unless you move from the internet to real life, because there are many people that are completely different online to offline.
    i can understand what u r thinking off, but i'm sure taht she is like that in real life. i've talked to her and her sisters over a webcam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    there has been several threads about love lately and here comes another one. where is the best place to meet somebody? is it school,work,internet,through friends, at parties, the pub, internet or somewhere else where do you think?
    UKLearning? lol. Sorry but it sounds a kinda pathetic question. If you have to ask such a question, then you need to go out more often.

ReputationRep:
    it depends on what u like doing most and what you are lookin for in a guy. id say all of em cus u cud meet someone in all of em.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    UKLearning? lol. Sorry but it sounds a kinda pathetic question. If you have to ask such a question, then you need to go out more often.
    I'm sure she's just asking for opinons not advice on where to meet people.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently supermarket aisles are the place it all happens these days. Just turn up at your 24hr supermarket after 10 and follow good looking blokes around to see if they are buying meals for one

ReputationRep:
    school, that way you see their behavior and what they are like BEFORE you start dating them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    school, that way you see their behavior and what they are like BEFORE you start dating them
    not really. some people behave one way at school and behave another way when they r at home.

ReputationRep:
    At the place where all the "Special Someones" congregate for their weekly meeting of course. I don't think that question really has an answer, it depends on the individual, what sort of person you want to meet etc....

ReputationRep:
    I'd hate to start a relationship through school or work. I like my privacy too much and from experience you can't have a relationship in school without everyone knowing what's going on. I'd say they were the easiest mediums though.

ReputationRep:
    I think when people start looking for relationships on the net is the time to start worrying and get out more.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think school or work is a good place - work there is too much politics involved, and school it is hard to find someone with really common interests - i mean the only reason ur all there together is cuz u have to study ur gcse/a-levels - too often u mix with ppl becuz ur all in the same class, u dont get to know the people that well....

i reckon it's best to meet them through friends, at least they know what u and the person are like, and provide a better match.

ReputationRep:
    frankly.........u never know..u may meet her even in ur tutor's house...or u may accidently go into a lady's loo.....or maybe she is ur best friend's gf !!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    i'm sorry that you didn't like that but like Sza said i didn't post it for advice but for opinions! besides if you think mine is pathetic what do you think about other "love threads" top ten things that attract a guy? How do you know you in love? are they pathetic? personally i think they are just conversation topics as this one and everything else on UKL

ReputationRep:
    I personally don't think there really is a 'best' place to meet that special someone. Those who get together and share a long term relationship generally meet in some of the more stranger circumstances. Love is an emotion shared by people who share a like mind. Thus if you meet your special someone whilst partaking in your favourite past time of fighting crocodiles for fun, then chances are that the pair of you share a few things in common

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.