How many hours a day do you revise?

Watch
kiwietnana
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I'm currently sitting A2 Level Maths on my gap year, and have 4 modules/exams coming up in May and June ... How many hours do you revise, say during the school week, leading up to your exams? And how many hours a day do you revise during the weekend and holidays? When I say revise, I mean revise not just sitting at your desk and not doing anything productive ...
Ellastar
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For AS level I did nothing at the weekends/holidays, some after college and in the study leave but it was about 30 minutes a day except the day or two before the exam when it was about 8 hours.
For A2 level it was about the same except it was probably about 4 hours the day before the exam.
The second time I did A2 level it was nothing at all. (I taught myself Biology though, which was a bit like revision. I did about 2 hours a week for the first month. Then nothing til right before the exam, then starting learning it again at about 4 hours per day.)

At University, I do about 0-4 hours the day before the exam (I have 2 every 5 weeks). And for the summer exam, I have done about 8 hours a fortnight. But hopefully when I get back and in the right environment I will be able to do about 8 hours a week, until study leave when I'll do about 4 hours a day? Wishful thinking, as I don't actually know *how* to revise. I actually picked up some tips from some girls sitting behind me on the train though and have made revision notes so far, then will use these to revise before the exam. If I get them all done in time.

This seems very little, but I did very well at AS and alright at A2. Some people can manage to do 8 hours a day from the beginning of the Easter holidays, but I'm just not wired like that.
GottaLovePhysics! :)
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
For what? AS's, A2's or GCSEs?
For me over weekdays, a couple of hours from now till exams.
Over hols, 4, maby 5 hours most days?
But I have had to work alot to get my Add Maths from an E to an A, so...
KyranCurry
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't really, I've really got to start but I find it never helps me, it has only ever helped at the revision sessions at the school but alone I remember nothing.
ByronicHero
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
0 usually until a few days before each exam at most. May do a little bit more this year though, or not.

lol.
Awakening
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I started last week - my exams are in a month!

Weekday= 6 hours?
Weekend = jackore!

Timings for weekday revision:
10am-12pm
2pm-5pm
8pm-9pm
Casshern1456
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
for me it's not how many hours i revise but how much work i get done in a period of time. So i can say i sat at the desk to work for 8 hours but going at a snails pace would be not good. I'd say i manage about 3 hours a day, expanded through a period of 7 hours- which means i'am working at a snails pace.
doggyfizzel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Awakening)
I started last week - my exams are in a month!

Weekday= 6 hours?
Weekend = jackore!

Timings for weekday revision:
10am-12pm
2pm-5pm
8pm-9pm
You shouldn't be here!
Danielle89
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im in 3rd year university studying Pharmacy and at the moment I have 2 deadlines in the next 3 weeks, 2 oral defences to prepare for, and an OSCE, as well as 4 exams between 11th and 21st may. So far this week I've spent about 30 hours studying, so 10 hours a day pretty much. More today I think. Been in the library since 8.30am and gonna be here till 9.30pm. Fun times.
Awakening
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by doggyfizzel)
You shouldn't be here!
im stuck on maths anyone care to help
futuredoc77
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
average 5 mins a day
puma21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Awakening)
im stuck on maths anyone care to help
If it's AS or below I could help.

Usually I do about 4-5 hours on holidays and weekends.

Weekdays, not sure during school maybe 3-4 hours.
londonboym
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
26 hours a day. i haven't started revising maths yet though.
talon1579
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
4-8 hours a day in Easter and Study leave, depending on whether I'm going out. Nothing in schooltime.
cowsgoquack
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
10-12
Aphotic Cosmos
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
At University I tend to spend a few days a few weeks in advance preparing my revision material (revision cards generally) before doing about half an hour per day per module every weekday until the exam.
~Amy-Eliza~
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm studying for about 6 hours a day at the moment for 5 days of the week, alternating between finishing coursework and actual exam revision. Obviously there are one or two days a week where I do not work and go out and do something fun instead, else I would have a mental breakdown!
I'm at university though in my second year, and my exams start in 3 weeks (I have 7 )! I';m actually going to up the revision slightly next week once I've finished my coursework.
I did no-where near this amount of revision at A-level, I probably did a few hours for each subject a couple of days before each exam!
Meh.
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
GCSEs and A-levels were a doddle compared to uni now. I kept up with the work throughout the years and probably got my head down and revised 3-5 days before each exam, and usually only 2 days of intensive cramming.

Now at university My procrastination tendency still hasn't switched off, but I am understanding NOTHING and it's terrifying the crap out of me.

I'm on TSR, that speaks for itself.
scrivs16
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1.5 weeks till my exam.... averaging 6 hours a day
ODES_PDES
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
  1. Why is this Debate?
  2. Why has it been dug up after 6 years?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (139)
62.33%
I don't have everything I need (84)
37.67%

Watched Threads