Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Yep, match stick ones have to have CMOS CCDs becuase they are just a simple chip where as proper CCDs involve quite complex electronics. I proper CCD won't fit in a match stick size camera hence they are all quite grainy.

You should be able to get match stick ones that are the same quality as phone cameras though.
    So I'll find one that has...CMOS CCD. I don't really know what it is..but I shall find that!

Thanks for your help.

It's all so complicated, is there a more simple way? lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, match stick ones have to have CMOS CCDs becuase they are just a simple chip where as proper CCDs involve quite complex electronics. I proper CCD won't fit in a match stick size camera hence they are all quite grainy.

You should be able to get match stick ones that are the same quality as phone cameras though.
    CMOS CCDs? Are they only used on the REALLY **** ones?

I guess quality is a lot more than resolution... my Kodak camera makes colours look really good which is great.

Poor Gemsy's getting all upset because this whole camera thing is so complicated for her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    So I'll find one that has...CMOS CCD. I don't really know what it is..but I shall find that!

Thanks for your help.

It's all so complicated, is there a more simple way? lol.
    Well CMOS ones are not the best quality and but all small ones have one. Only proper camera shops will tell what type of CCD it has.

You might be better of going to Jessops and asking to see sample pictures on the smaller camera's they have. I'm sure they will have some half decent small ones for less than £60.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    CMOS CCDs? Are they only used on the REALLY **** ones?

I guess quality is a lot more than resolution... my Kodak camera makes colours look really good which is great.

Poor Gemsy's getting all upset because this whole camera thing is so complicated for her.
    Shush lol. I don't like all technology things - I'm good at IT, but I don't like all this CMOS stuff, and chips etc. It's not my thing.

ReputationRep:
    Well CMOS ones are not the best quality and but all small ones have one. Only proper camera shops will tell what type of CCD it has.

You might be better of going to Jessops and asking to see sample pictures on the smaller camera's they have. I'm sure they will have some half decent small ones for less than £60.
    The trouble with going in shops is they try and persuade you to buy thie product, and it's pressurising. I like the internet but there's a lack of information.

ReputationRep:
    Shush lol. I don't like all technology things - I'm good at IT, but I don't like all this CMOS stuff, and chips etc. It's not my thing.
    Sorry I for giving you all this electronic computer science geek speech. You don't really need to know any of that. I am not one known for explaining things in the simplest terms.

But I think you get the idea now.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry I for giving you all this electronic computer science geek speech. You don't really need to know any of that. I am not one known for explaining things in the simplest terms.

But I think you get the idea now.
    It's not your fault! Thanks for helping I'll go into Jessops...

By the way, do you have the website of where you got your camera from?

ReputationRep:
    It's not your fault! Thanks for helping I'll go into Jessops...

By the way, do you have the website of where you got your camera from?
    Yeah I bought it from Jessops Online www.jessops.co.uk.

It was in 2002 though.

ReputationRep:

It was in 2002 though.
    Oh yeh! Thanks!

ReputationRep:

It was in 2002 though.
    what model have you got?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    what model have you got?
    They have stopped making it now (I think the A102 is the new version) but I have the Fuji Finepix 1300.

ReputationRep:
    They have stopped making it now (I think the A102 is the new version) but I have the Fuji Finepix 1300.
    also, how big is the memory card and how many pictures can it store?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    O_o

I just realised something. Is thing in anyway connected with your *coughs*questionable material *coughs* on your computer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776 2)
    O_o

I just realised something. Is thing in anyway connected with your *coughs*questionable material *coughs* on your computer?
    what do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    Mine came with an 8MB memory card but I have upgraded it to a 32mb one. You can buy 32mb ones for around £10 now.

With the standard 8MB card you can really only store 16 good quality pictures or 32 VGA standard ones.

You can get 64 good quality images with the 32MB card.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    what do you mean?
    Your *questionable material* on your computer is not pictures from a digital camera are they?

ReputationRep:
    Your *questionable material* on your computer is not pictures from a digital camera are they?
    no, the questionable material is lots of questionably acquired software that Time might not be too happy with (especially when they see i've questionably upgraded to Win XP pro)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    no, the questionable material is lots of questionably acquired software that Time might not be too happy with (especially when they see i've questionably upgraded to Win XP pro)
    Those *questionable software* *(same sort as yours) that I have are all in zip disks, a bit expensive I know, but you get loads of cheap ones in ebay. Maybe you should consider the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    Those *questionable software* *(same sort as yours) that I have are all in zip disks, a bit expensive I know, but you get loads of cheap ones in ebay. Maybe you should consider the same thing.
    yeah, i know you can back it all up, and i could have backed it all up ontyo DVD-Rs, but i'm not going to do a new backup every day, you know what i mean?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    but i'm not going to do a new backup every day, you know what i mean?
    Jesus, thats some major bootleg! I never download software for the hell of it. Its always those that I need to use.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.