Turn on thread page Beta

Small digital cameras watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776 2)
    Jesus, thats some major bootleg! I never download software for the hell of it. Its always those that I need to use.
    I must have given you the wrong impression, because i haven't got a major bootleg

its not that much, i was talking about backing up my whole hard disk, i haven't got that much questionable software (and any that i do have wasn't downloaded but borrowed off mates), i have quite a lot of real software (like patches and drivers and things like that) that come free off the internet etc, which is an inconvenience losing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    I must have given you the wrong impression, because i haven't got a major bootleg

its not that much, i was talking about backing up my whole hard disk, i haven't got that much questionable software (and any that i do have wasn't downloaded but borrowed off mates), i have quite a lot of real software (like patches and drivers and things like that) that come free off the internet etc, which is an inconvenience losing it.
    I keep those things on cd-rs. And add to teh massive stockpile when a better one comes out. Doesnt take much time to upgrade...infact you should but a 2nd usb nard drive. and you can do this fancy "equilibrate" function on it so that your stuff is backed up onto a second removable hard drive...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Yeah I bought it from Jessops Online www.jessops.co.uk.

It was in 2002 though.
    Fuji Finepix are great - I've got the A203 (on Jessops website for £99.90 at the mo) and it's a fab lil' camera. Not an ultra-small fits in palm, or credit card slim, but its still small and super cute. The pictures are also brilliant resolution, and it has an LCD screen. Also takes short video clips (without sound) or can be used as a webcam. lol, i know i must sound like an advert now, but it's seriously cool, and if you can stretch the extra £30 I'd say it's definitely worth it - better to get something that you'll be happy with for a while now than to spend £60 on something that you'll get frustrated with soon.

*and relax. fuji advert now over*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by grey faerie)
    Fuji Finepix are great - I've got the A203 (on Jessops website for £99.90 at the mo) and it's a fab lil' camera. Not an ultra-small fits in palm, or credit card slim, but its still small and super cute. The pictures are also brilliant resolution, and it has an LCD screen. Also takes short video clips (without sound) or can be used as a webcam. lol, i know i must sound like an advert now, but it's seriously cool, and if you can stretch the extra £30 I'd say it's definitely worth it - better to get something that you'll be happy with for a while now than to spend £60 on something that you'll get frustrated with soon.

*and relax. fuji advert now over*
    is it better or worse than the A205S (i assume its better because of the higher model number). that's the one Im looking to buy, and it also costs £99.83 at ebuyer (although it costs £125 at jessops).

ReputationRep:
    I am using a cheap Benq camera which I got for £65. It's very light and compact and takes reasonable photos if you scale them down a bit.

Here is a pic I took

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    I am using a cheap Benq camera which I got for £65. It's very light and compact and takes reasonable photos if you scale them down a bit.

Here is a pic I took
    We were looking at the 1300 last night and there had been some complaints about the flash which put poor Gemsy off.

Yours is the 1500 - what's it like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    We were looking at the 1300 last night and there had been some complaints about the flash which put poor Gemsy off.

Yep, everything seemed good apart from the flash.

Maybe I should consider a model up, I doubt there will be many great benefits though, apart from the picture capacity - which is quite important.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone who has bought this camera:

http://www.firebox.com/index.html?di...roduct&pid=640

It is so small, you can put it on your keyring! The picture quality is brilliant but the only problem is it doesnt have a flash. Still not bad for £20.

ReputationRep:

your confusing them:

the 1300 was a Fujifilm Finepix 1300

this one is a BenQ DC1500

ReputationRep:
    I have a Sony DC10 5 mexapixel camera.

GOOD FOR ME!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    I have a Sony DC10 5 mexapixel camera.

GOOD FOR ME!!!!!!!!
    and how much did that cost you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    your confusing them:

Actually I have both of them so can easily make a comaprism. I haven't had any problems with the flash with the BenQ yet but in general i think the quality of the Fuji is much better. Not only are the pictures much better (not sure why they are both 1.3M pixcels - maybe it's lens quality or something) but so are the controls and menu system.

However the camera is 2 years old, pretty big compared to the benq and eats batteries really fast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    and how much did that cost you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Maybe I should consider a model up, I doubt there will be many great benefits though, apart from the picture capacity - which is quite important.
    Just buy a memory card - I got a 64mb card for about £12 which stores something like 100 pics at the best resolution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    your confusing them:

Actually,

Last night Gemsy was thinking about the Benq 1300.

And I was comparing it to the Benq 1500.

ReputationRep:
    Actually,

Last night Gemsy was thinking about the Benq 1300.

And I was comparing it to the Benq 1500.
    ahhhh
    sorry

last night eh? *wink wink*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Just buy a memory card - I got a 64mb card for about £12 which stores something like 100 pics at the best resolution.
    Yeh, well I quite fancy the BenQ 1500 now, looks good and reliable, which is what I need. I don't want a cheap one because it has important photos but I don't want an expensive one either...this is about right!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh, well I quite fancy the BenQ 1500 now, looks good and reliable, which is what I need. I don't want a cheap one because it has important photos but I don't want an expensive one either...this is about right!
    how much do those cost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    how much do those cost?
    Around £60.

ReputationRep:
    Around £60.
    so about a 100 with tax in the us.....do they take good quality pictures? im quizzing you because you seem to be speaking in english

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.