Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Actually I have both of them so can easily make a comaprism. I haven't had any problems with the flash with the BenQ yet but in general i think the quality of the Fuji is much better. Not only are the pictures much better (not sure why they are both 1.3M pixcels - maybe it's lens quality or something) but so are the controls and menu system.

However the camera is 2 years old, pretty big compared to the benq and eats batteries really fast.
    So would you say the benQ 1500 is a good buy and worth the money?

Does it have any faults?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    so about a 100 with tax in the us.....do they take good quality pictures? im quizzing you because you seem to be speaking in english
    Well I've not bought it yet, I want to know the same thing...

I hope they take good quality, the good thing is it has a small LCD screen, to view your pictures..which is rather useful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gemgems89)
    Well I've not bought it yet, I want to know the same thing...

I hope they take good quality, the good thing is it has a small LCD screen, to view your pictures..which is rather useful.
    yeah.....my mom said she was going to get me one for my birthday (because ive taken all sorts of movie classes) but i want one NOW!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    yeah.....my mom said she was going to get me one for my birthday (because ive taken all sorts of movie classes) but i want one NOW!
    Yeah lol, I know how you feel, just looking at the cute little camera and all its features...so tempting...

ReputationRep:
    So would you say the benQ 1500 is a good buy and worth the money?

Does it have any faults?
    It has a few

The image quality is not brilliant, it's good enough for putting pics on the web or small printouts, but the resuloution is probably a bit low for large printounts.
    The buttons are a bit small and difficult to use.
    Occasionally it when uploading images to the PC it locks up and to unlock it you need to remove the memory card
    The LCD screen is REALLY small.

Apart from that it's ok - I would say its good for just taking photos of things, but isn't really good enough for any proper photography. - you can probably pay an extra 30-50 and get something which is better for taking pictures.

And now the good points
    Very light and compact - 100g and easy to carry in a pocket
    Built in battery - no wasting batteries it charges when connected to a pc

So its the kind of thing you can carry around all the time and take reasonable pics of interesting things. I got it as a stopgap until camera phones start taking reasonable pictures.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    It has a few

The image quality is not brilliant, it's good enough for putting pics on the web or small printouts, but the resuloution is probably a bit low for large printounts.
    The buttons are a bit small and difficult to use.
    Occasionally it when uploading images to the PC it locks up and to unlock it you need to remove the memory card
    The LCD screen is REALLY small.

Apart from that it's ok - I would say its good for just taking photos of things, but isn't really good enough for any proper photography. - you can probably pay an extra 30-50 and get something which is better for taking pictures.

And now the good points
    Very light and compact - 100g and easy to carry in a pocket
    Built in battery - no wasting batteries it charges when connected to a pc

So its the kind of thing you can carry around all the time and take reasonable pics of interesting things. I got it as a stopgap until camera phones start taking reasonable pictures.
    So would you reccommend me buying it for holiday photos, or is it not good enough quality for that? Because the pic you showed on the earlier post looked very good...

ReputationRep:
    So would you reccommend me buying it for holiday photos, or is it not good enough quality for that? Because the pic you showed on the earlier post looked very good...
    Ah,

are you actually gonna decide on something now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    Ah,

are you actually gonna decide on something now?
    When my questions have been answered lol. It's hard buying this sort of thing, you know. It needs a lot of thought and research...

ReputationRep:
    When my questions have been answered lol. It's hard buying this sort of thing, you know. It needs a lot of thought and research...
    It does, it does...

I'd better get back to my work.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefish_uk)
    It does, it does...

I'd better get back to my work.
    Or you mum will complain...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think it should be fine for holiday photos - I'm not sure how it would do in dark envoronmients with the flash though - most of the pics I've taken haven't needed the flash.

Heres another example - its a bit more grainy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loftx)
    Yeah I think it should be fine for holiday photos - I'm not sure how it would do in dark envoronmients with the flash though - most of the pics I've taken haven't needed the flash.

Heres another example - its a bit more grainy
    Hmm, it's not too bad at all. Cute cat

Thanks for your help, it's appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elpaw)
    is it better or worse than the A205S (i assume its better because of the higher model number). that's the one Im looking to buy, and it also costs £99.83 at ebuyer (although it costs £125 at jessops).
    hmmm not sure. Teh comparison on Jessops is almost identical. I think maybe the resolution on the a205 may be a little higher, but the a203 does up to 2m pixels, which is fine for a good resolution picture at a normal size (haven't tried to see how big i can print without losing quality) The a205 is a bit clumpy; the a203 is a more slimline camera i think. Can't be much in it between the two.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.