The Student Room Group

What does this count for?

I've already sat my a-level exams and i am currently thinking of doing one more further A-level in maths (i have already done maths and further maths). The combination of modules would be as follows D1,D2,M3,M4,M5,S5. What would this combination count for? Another maths A-level or an applied maths a-level. thanks
Reply 1
Manj14
I've already sat my a-level exams and i am currently thinking of doing one more further A-level in maths (i have already done maths and further maths). The combination of modules would be as follows D1,D2,M3,M4,M5,S5. What would this combination count for? Another maths A-level or an applied maths a-level. thanks

it's title is additional further maths a level (i think)
I think it depends on which exam board you use. For AQA its not worth anything more but for Edexcel it additional further maths. I don't know about OCR though :confused:
Reply 3
S5 is no longer offered, but since you seem to have done all the other units, you could just do D1, D2, M3, M4 and M5 and cash in for AS Further Maths (additional). I'm not sure about this if you did the old 'Pure' units, but if you've done the Core system it should be OK.
If Edexcel, they only do 17 units now, it cheesed me right off as I sped ahead to do 9 units last year, 9 units this coming year...but am still going to do an AS level in Additional further maths, consisting of the best three out of D2,S3,M3,M4,M5

Latest