What universities in the UK are Multicultural?

Watch
Yas01
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hiya, i'm currently looking for a good university in london or the midlands which is multicultural. thanks
linkdapink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
... all of them are? Every university has a mix of different races and religions and cultures.
ghanglish
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
In London they all will be.
gingergooner
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Yas01)
Hiya, i'm currently looking for a good university in london or the midlands which is multicultural. thanks
University College London is probably my guess at the most multicultural.
Leelo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
LSE is quite multicultural
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Leicester is quite mutlicultural.

Most uni's will be though :s
BeckysLover
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
All of them.
Yas01
Rep:
?
I wanted to apply for Coventry, But i don't feel as if their is much culture there, i'm talking more black people more international students as well.
Yas01
Rep:
?
The Majority are of White backgrounds, i'm looking for one which has a balance of all ethnic backgrounds
SirMasterKey
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Yas01)
The Majority are of White backgrounds, i'm looking for one which has a balance of all ethnic backgrounds
May I ask why?
DarkWhite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Nottingham - we have a campus in China and another in Malaysia, so we get plenty of students taking a year abroad here, and vice versa
Yas01
Rep:
?
Why i ask is because i prefer to be around those of different backgrounds, plus i'll feel more comfortable being around people of Colour. having a balance of all cultures is good rather than me being the Minority.
Murly
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
De Montfort is definately.. it made me as a white person feel more in the minority when I went for my open day.
Yas01
Rep:
?
De Montfort ? lol you serious i see no one of colour there, i think the future you go up the country the decrease there is on culture
corallie13
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Manchester is very multicultral!
jpatel10
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Leicester is apparently statistically one of the most multicultural universities in the UK (or so they said at the open day lol). But it's relatively small compared to say UCL or Manchester which would be just as diverse but there are like 3 times as many people lol
Daax
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
UCL.

When I say multicutural i mean multicultural. A lot of other universities where people claim it to be multicultural usually just have like 2 large groups being white british and south or east asian etc.

UCL has so many groups its hard to find a majority. Even the subjects seem very will mixed .
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Most of them tbf. Apart from mine.. (Liverpool Hope).. there are hardly any other cultures there.
.ACS.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Pretty much every university in the UK is multicultural.
Yas01
Rep:
?
Every university is multicultural, However i do mean a balance of EVERYTHING. Not 80% White and a small percentage of other ethnic backgrounds
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.56%
England (143)
34.88%
Belgium (31)
7.56%
Germany (41)
10%
Spain (9)
2.2%