Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    in my AS results i got an A in english, B in psychology, D in biology and E in chemistry. Now i realise i should have worked harder in the sciences and newbie teachers who couldnt teach and lost coursework didnt help to say the least but theres nothing that can be done now.Am confident that by working my butt off i can get the AAB needed for medicine and that i will get predicted two A's for eng and psych and a C for bio. I plan to retake bio and chem modules to bring the grades up but a problem is that my school doesnt allow you to continue to A2 in a subject if you dont get at least a D in it. Going to try apply for Kings and St Georges and other unis that dont require chemistry to A2 but doubt i will be successful. I was just wondering what my options were as if i get no offers then i just planned to take a gap year and get loads of w/e and then reapply the following year. any other suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Chemistry is essential, and as you have four choices on the UCAS form, the other two will definitely require it. I think you should beg/pay your school to let you sit it, and you need to make sure you get a good grade. Otherwise you need to consider sitting it as a private candidate at another college/school. I also think you should make sure you get predicted at least AAA/AAB, and get lots of work experience and do things to make your personal statement stand out.

ReputationRep:
    i've tried everything with my school and theres no way they'll consider it, unfortunately . do you know of any other unis that dont mind an applicant just having chemistry at AS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramy)
    i've tried everything with my school and theres no way they'll consider it, unfortunately . do you know of any other unis that dont mind an applicant just having chemistry at AS?
    durham/ newcastle medical school.
    Kings
    Queen Mary uni of london
    but they all want A/B at As

ReputationRep:
    you could drop chem and apply for the 6year course.

ReputationRep:
    i actually got a C in biology as forgot to count my mod1 results. and i plan on retaking other AS modules so that ihave A's and B's. i was planning on taking a gap year in which i'd take the rest of my chemistry and then get in as much w/e as possible. is this allowed?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramy)
    i actually got a C in biology as forgot to count my mod1 results. and i plan on retaking other AS modules so that ihave A's and B's. i was planning on taking a gap year in which i'd take the rest of my chemistry and then get in as much w/e as possible. is this allowed?
    A gap year for work experience is fine, but they won't be impressed if you're still retaking chem modules then. They expect everyone to have 3 A Levels and an AS completed in 2 years.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 25, 2005

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.