Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right this is for all of us that got pooled from Cam. As it's a relativelyquick process let's all let each other know our progress as soon as we know something

ReputationRep:
    It's not that quick We'll know with 90% certainty by Jan 15th, and 100% by Jan 31st. I think smaller subject departments will make their selections faster. e.g. they'll only be about 50 pooled philosophy applicants, so any calls should be made during next week. *crosses fingers*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    It's not that quick We'll know with 90% certainty by Jan 15th, and 100% by Jan 31st. I think smaller subject departments will make their selections faster. e.g. they'll only be about 50 pooled philosophy applicants, so any calls should be made during next week. *crosses fingers*
    Best of luck Seer

ReputationRep:
    hey im pooled too, i guess we might get more interviews oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TK0)
    hey im pooled too, i guess we might get more interviews oh well.
    I checked the stats and 99.9% of people reinterviewed get offers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    Yep, the hardest part is for them to pick you out for an interview - you're pretty much through if you receive an interview as long as you don't make a complete fool out of yourself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seer)
    What? Where did you get those stats from? I feel inclined not to believe it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    Yep, the hardest part is for them to pick you out for an interview - you're pretty much through if you receive an interview as long as you don't make a complete fool out of yourself
    hehe :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    What? Where did you get those stats from? I feel inclined not to believe it.
    well, on the sheet is said like

3500 pooled applicants
    650 places
    250 given offers without further interview
    380 given further interivew

where did u hear the thing about the meeting tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    I have my sources....

Nah, my cousin's gf is a fellow at one of the colleges, and she said that they used to have the meeting at 9am on New Year's Day, but this year the more junior people (the ones who still have some semblance of a life) complained and it's been moved to tomorrow. When they send the letters out, I don't know...

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.