Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I thought about putting this message in the thread entitled "AQA Engliah Literature" but its quite unlikely that it would be read by many people.

Anyway, getting to the point. Did anyone here who did AQA English Literature answer the wrong section for the War Poems? In our school, (and I believe in a few other schools to) that a few candidates compared a War Poem from the Blue section of the book instead of the Brown section. I thought it would have been obvious to compare a ''brown section poem'' as these are the poems that we have analysed in lessons!!!! Wouldn't it?

I did Specification B, by the way.

ReputationRep:
    I may of done this, but our teacher yelled at us before the exam

"ONLY ANSWER QUESTIONS ON BOOKS WE'VE ALREADY DDOOONNNNEEEE!!!yell yell yell"

ReputationRep:
    I did AQA English Lie spec B paper.. i did Lord of the flies,inspector calls and war poetry.. but i dnt remember any blue and brown section.. was ur poetry post edited by martin or w/e it is ? lol there was a ww1 and ww2 section in my bk... bt we didnt end up studying half the poems.. rubbish teaching! grrrr.. i was sat rite at the front of the hall in row b for my eng lit exam.. i was soo nervous and shaking.. i was trying 2 compose myself.. my english teacha walked in.. picked up a paper off the front table.. started 2 read it and started laughin as if we hadnt dun the poem in the question.. i nearly had a panic attack.

ReputationRep:
    i have no idea wot u are talking about :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Our AQA book wasn't split into blue and brown sections..I'm confused..

ReputationRep:
    my aqa was with the anthology and poems form other cultures and carol ann duffy

ReputationRep:
    yea aqa english specification A is the anthology and specification B is the one everyone is talking about.

ReputationRep:
    o ok then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky68M)
    I thought about putting this message in the thread entitled "AQA Engliah Literature" but its quite unlikely that it would be read by many people.

Anyway, getting to the point. Did anyone here who did AQA English Literature answer the wrong section for the War Poems? In our school, (and I believe in a few other schools to) that a few candidates compared a War Poem from the Blue section of the book instead of the Brown section. I thought it would have been obvious to compare a ''brown section poem'' as these are the poems that we have analysed in lessons!!!! Wouldn't it?
    blue section?? brown section?? :confused: I done AQA english literature but whats up with the colour coding :confused:!!!! xoxo

ReputationRep:
    I did Anthology but I don't remember colour coding, so it must be spec B?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anightowl)
    I did Anthology but I don't remember colour coding, so it must be spec B?
    yeah i think it is....I done English literature A.....and there was no colour coding at all in it......:confused: xoxo

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, I've obviously confused you all. I did Specification B for Literature and the book we analysed poems from was written by Christopher Martin. In the book there is a section on pre-1900 poems (the blue section) and a section on post-1914 poems (the brown section). With the question I did, we had to "Compare and contrast ''Who's for the game?'' with a poem from the post-1914 section", and of course, some people compared with the pre-1900 section instead.

Hope this is a bit more understandable

ReputationRep:
    ehh?? i did exactly the same for war poems.. and i studied whos for game.. and it was spec b.. but i had no blue or brown section in my book?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prinzessin1988)
    ehh?? i did exactly the same for war poems.. and i studied whos for game.. and it was spec b.. but i had no blue or brown section in my book?????

Ok, maybe the phrase I'm using as ''brown section'' and ''blue section'' is confusing everyone.
    What i mean by ''brown section'' and ''blue section'' is that the right or left handside of the pages in the book had either brown or blue margins depending on whether it was post-1914 poems or pre-1900 poems. Thats what I mean, but if your books didn't have this, you may have had the older book whereas I had the newer version.

ReputationRep:
    I did the one with post/pre 1914 poems, but my book had no colours in it at all. Probably because it was about 20 years old as our school hardly ever buys new books

ReputationRep:
    yeh i dont know wot ur on bout either lol! sorry! x

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.