The Student Room Group

Leeds Festival Campsite Help

Hello i am sixteen and going to leeds festival for the first time , and i would like to know what campsite is lively with a good atmosphere, but isnt full of rioters, i will happily watch a bonfire but i dont fancy getting my tent burnt down if i am in it. From the map blue looks good because its in the middle, is this good. Also i will collect my gcses at ten so will probably get to leeds at about 1 , will i be able to get into a good camp with about five tent that late on thank you
Hey you might want to ask this on the official Reading and Leeds fest thread as well to get more replies

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1135374&page=53
inbetweeners
Hello i am sixteen and going to leeds festival for the first time , and i would like to know what campsite is lively with a good atmosphere, but isnt full of rioters, i will happily watch a bonfire but i dont fancy getting my tent burnt down if i am in it. From the map blue looks good because its in the middle, is this good. Also i will collect my gcses at ten so will probably get to leeds at about 1 , will i be able to get into a good camp with about five tent that late on thank you

you will struggle to find a spot that big in blue that late. Remember alot of people get early bird tickets and so get there on wednesday.

i would probably reccomend orange campsite, blue campsite is walked through ALOT and verys very loud and muddy. avoid white though, that can get rough. yellow tends to be very crowded but fairly friendly. and red can get very loud
Go for Orange, I recommend it aswell. Been in ORange for three years and will be camping their for my 4th aswell.
yellow has the best party atmosphere by far but youll be pushed to find space to camp much later than wednesday night so why not find a campsite near and just wander down to yellow, best of both worlds
Reply 5
There isn't really a bad campsite. Brown and Green are quieter than all the others. In orange funfair you have the constant noise of the funfair driving you insane. Every where else is generally fine. Yellow, White and Blue generally fill up quickest.

Which day are you going Wednesday or Thursday?

If wednesday, you should be able to find space for your tent in any campsite.
If Thursday, Yellow, White and Blue will be almost full.

Orange and Red are good campsites though with plenty going on and friendly people.
Don't go in Orange Funfair though, seriously.

Have a look on the official Leeds Festival forums.
Reply 6
I found these threads on the official forums, they both look really helpful for a Leeds Fest virgin.
http://forums.leedsfestival.com/m269685.aspx
http://forums.leedsfestival.com/m1078468.aspx
Reply 7
Bah, offical Leeds forum sucks :P

Offical Reading forum is where its at! :wink:
Reply 8
Orange, but main orange on the hill - not fairground, sounds good for you. Had no trouble last year apart from some idiots thinking they could use my tent as a bin, but they were soon dealt with. It's a small trek, and the hill takes some getting used to, but it's worth it to be away from the main problems, and it's less walked through so conditions are better.
Reue
Bah, offical Leeds forum sucks :P

Offical Reading forum is where its at! :wink:

Haha no, we went on there when ours broke, them ost miserable moody people I've ever come across.
Reply 10
theronkinator
Haha no, we went on there when ours broke, them ost miserable moody people I've ever come across.

Yes... Yes we are. :biggrin:

Latest