Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im intersted in knowing how many people got at least one 'A' in their AS or A2 level exams, so we can see how closely it matches the governments statistics of ~25%.
    It would be interesting to see how the demographic on here reflects the rest of the UK.

{poll to be added}

ReputationRep:
    i got one A, in psychology! x

ReputationRep:
    I got two A grades (in A2 exams)

ReputationRep:
    \/.I bet this poll is going to be a BIIIIIG YES and little no lol

ReputationRep:
    hey, i got 3A's. but i really dont think TRS is very representative of the population at all. Loads of people on here are going to oxford, and to top top universities- id be very surprised if only 25% on here did get A's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tazzie)
    hey, i got 3A's. but i really dont think TRS is very representative of the population at all. Loads of people on here are going to oxford, and to top top universities- id be very surprised if only 25% on here did get A's.
    I agree, most of the members on here are of vast intelligence!! Me not included, but I did get one A - wooo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tazzie)
    Yep, I was thinking the same thing. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    oh well i helped boost the no's up a bit BBC I feel thick

ReputationRep:
    i always feel thick when i come on here! everyone gets all As but me! lol

ReputationRep:
    Are you asking whether people got at least one A in modules or in the subjects overall?
    I interpret your first post as meaning exams but those replying have been mentioning overall subjects.
    Subject-wise I got AAAAB Dist but I'm not going to begin to list my modules.

ReputationRep:
    dont feel thick lol if I could vote for all my friends who dont visit TSR the nos would go up about 8 times lol

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I got 5.

ReputationRep:
    Hey there . I got 3 A's ... wahey! Much better than I thought I did ...and very happy! I did Graphic Design (my love, my life), English Language and Geography .........!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    O yeh, that was A2 by the way ...

ReputationRep:
    2 As in ASs, sociology and French That's a good point about modules though- I interpreted it as overall subjects, but some people may have voted thinking it meant modules.

ReputationRep:
    2As at AS here too - Maths and Physics.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. 1 in 4 - 25% of all GRADES were A. That is not necessarily the same as 1 in 4 PEOPLE - 25% - getting an A. So your not comparing like for like. Although, I think it is agreed that the TSR crowd is a not a fair sample, too.

ReputationRep:
    god this is so biased this forum at times. truth is not all that many people got a's about 25% of people 20% with some exam boards yet seems to be 90% on this board!!! madness

ReputationRep:
    also i think need to put this in perspective, the media seem to be having a vast influence on us making us think that not getting at least one A is subnormal, an A is bloody fantastic, you have to get over 80% to get one lets not forget. this business of not getting an A makes you thick is a little strange, i mean i've seen some of the top end uni's typical offers at BCC and stuff. most people at my college didnt get any A's and of course TSR is HIGHLY unrepresentative as people will only post good results, people who come here are often the ones most motivated to do well and also we cannot rule out people lying about results i'm sorry to say, (i'm not saying people come on and say like "oh i got 8A's at A2" all i'm saying is i wonder how many of those B's turned magically into A's or C's to B's etc) not because of peoples bad nature but preasure to look better as other people's results were higher

ReputationRep:
    this is an unfair poll as the govement stats only cover A2's and AS's are easier so more A's expected

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.