The Student Room Group

Anyone Need Hair Help????

Scroll to see replies

Hi Scott,

I've always been EXTREMELY baffled by what sort of things I should be doing with my hair. Some people say to go in and ask their opinion on what they should do, cause I never know what to try/ask for and as soon as I find something that apparently according to my face shape should suit, I just feel a fool and find it hard to believe it would actually suit me. Tried going in and asking what they think, they spend ages fiddling with it before they get to cutting it, which always results in me coming out with a short, cropped back n sides looking jobby (like a lot of other people). Is this just them being lazy? Or is this really the hair for me?

So confused :tumble:

Thank's :smile:
I think hair style is very important, can decorate a person's face!
Reply 302
Hiya, how would I ask to get my hair cut like this?

Reply 303
Don't know what to do with my hair..I'm a male with thick and straight hair, I have a so called 'egg head' lol and a widows peak...I was think just keeping my hair medium length all round with the sideburns shorter? And help will be appreciated. :smile:
Reply 304
Hi Scott. I'm 16, male and have no clue about hair. I often have little care for it, but now I'm beginning to like it more, but need some advice on picking out a style. I've semi-short, medium brown hair, with a light cow-lick on the right side of my fringe. I often have my hair roughly swept over from right to left, following the cow-lick. Aside from that, I have no other styling. Could you help?
Thanks.
Hi, I'm naturally medium blonde.
I tried dying my hair a few months ago a redish brown (permanent), instead i ended up with purple hair, so i used colour b4 colour remover and went back to medium blonde.

I dyed my hair earlier, it was supposed to go a medium brown, but you can hardly tell I've done anything to it. I follow the instructions to the letter. Each time before dying it i had not washed my hair for at least 24 hours.

I dont get what i'm doing wrong? Is my hair extra strong against hair dye or something?
Reply 306
Original post by ScottCornwall
Hi Everyone,

As you know I give hair advice and try as best as I can to come on here and answer your questions. However, quite often I miss many of your questions because five get posted at once and I only see the first and last!

I need a recommendation of a good hair mask/treatment whether it's homemade or shop bought. I have pretty thick, wavy hair but it is weak, dry and damaged so I'm loosing a ton of hair day by day. I have previously bleached my hair and I use hair straighteners about 4 times a week. I need something that will condition my hair as well as straighten it please.

Thanks! :smile:
Hey,

Ok, I know this isn't on your speciality questions but can you recommend a good shampoo/conditioner/any hair product for frizzy hair. My hair is really thick and as a consequence really frizzy and dry. I straighten my hair a lot but I want to stop and just let my hair be 'in it's natural form' :tongue:. Anything under £15 would be awesome

Thank you :smile:
Reply 308
Can anyone recommend a decent red hair dye? I've even using schwarzkopf live salon style in shade 'intense red'. The shade is fine and it's lasts quite long but its really making my hair dry + brittle which is not so good.

If anyone could suggest a red hair dye that lasts long and is an all round good product, that would be great!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 309
Original post by Aid201
Hi Scott. I'm 16, male and have no clue about hair. I often have little care for it, but now I'm beginning to like it more, but need some advice on picking out a style. I've semi-short, medium brown hair, with a light cow-lick on the right side of my fringe. I often have my hair roughly swept over from right to left, following the cow-lick. Aside from that, I have no other styling. Could you help?
Thanks.

I'm in the same position, can you let me know what advice you get? :P Thanks,
Dan
Original post by me_
Can anyone recommend a decent red hair dye? I've even using schwarzkopf live salon style in shade 'intense red'. The shade is fine and it's lasts quite long but its really making my hair dry + brittle which is not so good.

If anyone could suggest a red hair dye that lasts long and is an all round good product, that would be great!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

have you checked out any shampoos for coloured hair?

Question from me:
I really need a hair cut. Are there any websites where I can upload a photo and see which hair style looks best?
Reply 311
My natural hair colour is light brown and a couple of months ago I made the mistake of letting one of my friends help me dye it and it turned out becoming black instead of chocolate brown! Fortunately, after many times of washing them the colour has become slightly lighter.

However, I have started thinking that I want my natural colour back! What do I need to do? I am really no hair expert; I use no products on my hair, no treatments. Whenever I wash it I just blow it dry without adding any products. Therefore, I am that ignorant when it also comes to dying it and all the treatments relating to hair dying.

I do understand that I probably need to visit the hair stylist to remove the colour from my hair, before proceeding to dye it again in a lighter colour this time. Is there any chance that the colour is just removed without the need to dye it again??

Big thanks to anyone who replies!
Whats your opinion onthe no-shampoo movement and washing only with water daily?

I did this and my hair was luscious and moisturised without being greasy and I didn't need product.
Original post by angelin
My natural hair colour is light brown and a couple of months ago I made the mistake of letting one of my friends help me dye it and it turned out becoming black instead of chocolate brown! Fortunately, after many times of washing them the colour has become slightly lighter.

However, I have started thinking that I want my natural colour back! What do I need to do? I am really no hair expert; I use no products on my hair, no treatments. Whenever I wash it I just blow it dry without adding any products. Therefore, I am that ignorant when it also comes to dying it and all the treatments relating to hair dying.

I do understand that I probably need to visit the hair stylist to remove the colour from my hair, before proceeding to dye it again in a lighter colour this time. Is there any chance that the colour is just removed without the need to dye it again??

Big thanks to anyone who replies!

I don't know if you've solved your hair issue or not, but I can try and help you if you still require advice. I suppose this post can be for all those who are trying to go lighter.

GOING FROM DARK BROWN TO LIGHT BROWN

If you have dyed it only once, you can try the Decolour Remover. That would remove the artificial pigments from the hair, and after a week, if it isn't the colour you want, you can try and dye it a colour that matches your natural shade (always go for the lighter shade if you are stuck between two). Prior to the application, it would be advisable to wash your hair with a clarifying shampoo and nothing else. Silicones in normal shampoos and conditioners can build up and make it different for chemicals to enter the hair shaft.

I don't think in this instance, you'd need to go to the hairdressers. To be fair, I've gone black, blue, red, dark brown, golden brown, ginger, purple and blonde and I didn't go to the hairdresser for any of these.
Reply 315
Original post by Aid201
Thanks.

Original post by Dinnes
I'm in the same position, can you let me know what advice you get? :P Thanks,
Dan

Ditto, but I'm 27 now! I'm really struggling with my hair.

I'm trying my best to find something other than a permanent buzz-cut to make it look even the slightest bit stylish. It's not got a lot going for it to be honest, a bit of a calf lick/cowslick at the front, slightly receding, a double/triple crown, and a nape whorl/lick at the back. Yeah, lucky me. :rolleyes:

I've been growing it out for a about 3 months now, so it's got some length. It's quite fine, so doesn't have much strength without using putty, clay or other products. It's also relatively dense when it's allowed to grow.

Any help or advice is very welcome. Thanks!
Reply 316
[h="1"]Will my hair get thicker again?[/h]My hair used to be super thick but I think due to excessive dying and heat styling it has really thinned out, especially at the sides of my head near my temples. It's really starting to worry me because having healthy hair is obviously really important for girls. Is it going to get thicker and healthier again as more hair grows back? I really hope I haven't caused any permanent damage.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Shirts
Hiya, how would I ask to get my hair cut like this?

Gooby pls.

White-Collar-Matt-Bomer_400.jpg

Gabriel+Macht+Short+Hairstyles+Spiked+Hair+rYM8DyjfvdDl.jpg
Reply 318
Hi, im wondering how i should go about tieing my hair up.
I'm applying to work in a Wetherspoons and wish to to tie it up since i will be handling food as well.
I currently have it at just longer than shoulder length and it is probably possible to put it in a pony tail but then id be left with the dilema of my fringe.
I have it so it flicks off to the left and its quite long...
Im not sure how i should go about any of it, could someone give me some advice please? (:

Note, i don't wish to cut it (:
Original post by MC armani
Gooby pls.

White-Collar-Matt-Bomer_400.jpg

Gabriel+Macht+Short+Hairstyles+Spiked+Hair+rYM8DyjfvdDl.jpg

Hi There,

That is a short back and sides haircut that has more length at the front. If you want to get your hair like that, use Sea Salt spray after washing and blast it upward (at the top and front) with a hairdryer. You might need to buy a small barral round brush and take the nozzle of the hairdryer and start rolling the front of the hair backward as you direct the airflow into it. This will help give it the shape. Then just keep pulling the rest with your hands.

Sea Salt spray will give it the texture when you dry.

Kind Regards

Scott

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending