Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    You lot have got me worried now, talking about preferred colleges when taking people from the pool.

I went to Open Days at Kings and Trinity and liked them both but decided to apply to Sidney because I really felt comfortable there. There aren't many music students at all there and it shares a DOS with Trinity, but I emailed him to ask if I would be disadvantaged by going to a small college with few music students and he assured me I wouldn't.

If you are right, I hope this doesn't mean my application will be a lower priority. I didn't apply there because I am a 'weak' student, just because I didn't feel so comfortable in a massive college.

This is great for giving you things to worry about, isn't it? As if I haven't enough with A2 Maths modules coming up soon

(Original post by Musicwoman)
    You lot have got me worried now, talking about preferred colleges when taking people from the pool.

I went to Open Days at Kings and Trinity and liked them both but decided to apply to Sidney because I really felt comfortable there. There aren't many music students at all there and it shares a DOS with Trinity, but I emailed him to ask if I would be disadvantaged by going to a small college with few music students and he assured me I wouldn't.

If you are right, I hope this doesn't mean my application will be a lower priority. I didn't apply there because I am a 'weak' student, just because I didn't feel so comfortable in a massive college.

This is great for giving you things to worry about, isn't it? As if I haven't enough with A2 Maths modules coming up soon
    ignore the people who are saying certain colleges are preferred, no one on here appears to *know* for sure, it's all speculation, if you've been pooled you are as good as anyone else, best of luck

ReputationRep:
    If you are good enough your college will really try their best to find you a place somewhere. I know it sounds hard but you've really just got to wait and see what happens (worrying will only get you into a state) and concentrate on your studies. Good luck with everything and your upcoming modules

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucy)
    If you are good enough your college will really try their best to find you a place somewhere. I know it sounds hard but you've really just got to wait and see what happens (worrying will only get you into a state) and concentrate on your studies. Good luck with everything and your upcoming modules

Thanks...for both the replies! I hadn't meant to start a new thread - I thought I was replying to something on the 'Cambridge Acceptance / Rejections' thread.

Oh well - now you can see why I'm trying to do Music and not Comp Sci!!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.