The Student Room Group

Can the US be invaded?

This is an interesting hypothetical scenario basically. Imagine the whole WHOLE world except the Canadians (who were neutral) was trying to INVADE and occupy the United States of America.

The US would basically be fighting a defensive war and we have to assume that none of the world's nations have nuclear weapons for this to work. The main factors will be:

Can the world's navy defeat the US navy?
Can enough of the World's soldiers get on the US coast to invade mainland America?

etc. etc.

Sorry I'am bored. :o:

Scroll to see replies

i'd think so
LOOOL that'd be JOKES
Reply 3
Nope tbh.

The F-22 it is believed can take out 10+ enemy fighters without them even knowing its there.

Russia have some MIG's lmfao.
Inzamam99
This is an interesting hypothetical scenario basically. Imagine the whole WHOLE world except the Canadians (who were neutral) was trying to INVADE and occupy the United States of America.

The US would basically be fighting a defensive war and we have to assume that none of the world's nations have nuclear weapons for this to work. The main factors will be:

Can the world's navy defeat the US navy?
Can enough of the World's soldiers get on the US coast to invade mainland America?

etc. etc.

Sorry I'am bored. :o:

LOL does a pakistani think of nothing other than taking out the USA; chill out dude! They ain't that bad!

Anyhow, i think the americans will be defeated by their own stupidity....they aren't the smartest of people and even with their military might i don't think they could win against the world because they would get their tactics wrong! AMERICAN's ARE STOOOPID!

for all thoses ***** leaving neg rep - FU*K U; learn to spot a joke you ******* geeky pricks.
Reply 5
They couldn't handle some rebels with aks in vietnam - of course them vs WHOLE WORLD isnt going to end well for them.
Reply 6
Mann18
With no nukes though, assuming Russia and China begin the attack, they'd hit airfields and navy ports first. By the time the US were able to retaliate, the whole world would be on them like wheat on rice. The US would be beaten, but so would any country.

The US have something amazing called radar and anti-aircraft missiles.
Reply 7
Mann18
Yes. China+Russia= No US.

You guys sure they'd be INVADED though because after all the US would be fighting a defensive war and the world an offensive one. Don't you reckon it depends on if the world's navies can get past the US navy and still have enough troops left over to invade the US mainland?
Reply 8
lm_wfc
They couldn't handle some rebels with aks in vietnam - of course them vs WHOLE WORLD isnt going to end well for them.

:facepalm:

Such stupidity.
Yes the US would be beaten.
Reply 10
Doesn't the US have more aircraft carriers than the whole world put together?

I don't think it would be defeated easily, the US maintains a huge number of military bases around the world were it could easily project its power into an opposing nation.
Reply 11
I don't think it'll be possible. Besides their army and arms industry, most Americans are armed or can get armed,the world's armies would be drawn into an unwinnable guerilla war given their adamant patriotism. The only way to defeat America besides a Nuclear holocaust would be through a natural disaster or total economic collapse.
Reply 12
blue_shift86
LOL does a pakistani think of nothing other than taking out the USA; chill out dude! They ain't that bad!

Anyhow, i think the americans will be defeated by their own stupidity....they aren't the smartest of people and even with their military might i don't think they could win against the world because they would get their tactics wrong! AMERICAN's ARE STOOOPID!

haha naa.. don't worry I actually think the US won't be invaded simply because its navy its stronger than the navies of the world combined in my opinion. Remember the US will be on the defensive and will position their military on the Mexican border and on the coastlines whereas the world's most powerful navies (UK, Russia, China etc.) will have to sail half way across the world to attack the US AND they'll have to bring millions of troops with them to actually INVADE the country.
Just like 1812 when the Brits invaded the USA and burnt down the White House? err maybe not
Rucklo
Nope tbh.

The F-22 it is believed can take out 10+ enemy fighters without them even knowing its there.

Russia have some MIG's lmfao.

The F22's production has been discontinued due to excessive cost and Russia is now fielding a comparable aircraft:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukhoi_PAK_FA
Civilian ownership of weapons would make any invasion a complete pain in the backside.
Reply 16
Mann18
The WHOLE world vs. The US.

I think sheer numbers would win probably. The world has more trained soldiers than the US does, so yeah I guess.

These soldiers have to be transported there though and so won't most of them be killed in the conflict with the US Navy as they near the American coast?

In my personal opinion, the US Navy's more powerful than the world's combined but obviously people have different views on this.
Reply 17
Mann18
The WHOLE world vs. The US.

I think sheer numbers would win probably. The world has more trained soldiers than the US does, so yeah I guess.

This.
Reply 18
Sakujo
Doesn't the US have more aircraft carriers than the whole world put together?

I don't think it would be defeated easily, the US maintains a huge number of military bases around the world were it could easily project its power into an opposing nation.

would be close, imo.

OP you forget about mexico, Bering straits.
Reply 19
loafer

would be close, imo.

OP you forget about mexico, Bering straits.

Is that from a movie? I don't think the carrier would sit there and let an aircraft approach. :erm:

Latest

Trending

Trending