The Student Room Group

Things in football that annoy you

Scroll to see replies

ChrisWilliams

Manchester United PLC

Not a PLC anymore, numpty.

So, you hate those that are more successful than anything vaguely related to Liverpool, right? [since the PL began]

Good, that's how we like it.
Diving.
People who throw things at players/officials on the pitch.
- Diving.
- Brilliant players who dive or do nonsense.
- Footballers that are bigger than me who fall down as if they've been shot by the faintest of touches.
- People who bang on about how good Arsenal look, while ignoring the fact that we haven't won a bloody title for years.
- Racism.
- The fact I'm crap at it, but I'm decent in goal.
- The amount of money, which is ridiculous.
Reply 43
Their wage (already mentioned) and someone whose name is : Lionel Messi. He is soo good it's unfair!:frown: There should be a rule that someone with Messi's ability (I doubt there is :rolleyes:) shouldn't be allowed to play; he is just too damn GOOD!

Now watch him win the world cup all by himself.
Reply 44
FullerClass
hi there, Stoke fan here

This will be because of Tony Pulis criticizing Arsenal would it? Or don't you approve of his style of football - namely not diving, not surrounding the referee, playing for the team and not the pay packet?

Oh and people approve of "Ryan Shawcross" have got a right to, he's a fine defender who will soon be a regular for England. One accidental tackle on Ramsey and war is declared on him by the Hypocrite gooners who have forgotten the truly dirty players who played/still play for them.

As for the list i'll also add:
Cesc Fabregas, Arsenal Fans, Adebayor and Sol "Lets abuse the ref and not help my injured team mate" Campbell :yep:

Personally I thought Ramsey fouled Shawcross, and if he hadn't injured himself, that's what would have been given. The ball was closer to Shawcross and Ramsey dived in recklessly.

If you watch the slowmo replay, his leg was already bending in the wrong direction before he even collided with him.
When im about to take a free kick, a player from the wall charges me down too quickly and the referee doesn't catch it/ gets the decision wrong. I get so ******* annoyed.

Seriously one of these days when a player charges me down I'm gonna run towards him and fly kick em in the balls .
27 Emmanuel Eboue

People who refuse to blame the Liverpool fans at Hillsborough in the slightest - it was a tragedy and should have been prevented but they hardly helped themselves

Lord Justice Taylor disagrees with you.

Enlighten me to this evidence you have, that seems to have been overlooked.
27 Emmanuel Eboue
Howard Webb
People who refuse to stand up at football games

Tony Twatface Pulis
People who approve of Ryan Shawcross, the flithy ******

People who refuse to blame the Liverpool fans at Hillsborough in the slightest - it was a tragedy and should have been prevented but they hardly helped themselves

Do you know what. That last one. About Hillsborough. VERY poor taste after yesterday and just shows you have no idea whatsoever about the facts of Hillsborough. Therefore, I'll just direct you to the information website so you can learn that it was THE POLICE that caused the build up of fans outside the ground, it was THE POLICE who opened the gate the lead everyone to already overcrowded central pen of the Leppings Lane end and that it was THE POLICE who covered up what they had done and passed the blame onto the fans. Or do you beleive what the scum said about us a week later?

www.contrast.org/hillsborough/

Hillsborough is also the reason why people should have the right to sit down at a football match. The seat is there, and they can choose it should they so wish to. I bet you'd love to have a family member crushed to death at a football wouldn't you?

With regards to Shawcross, if Ramsey had worn shin pads the protected his whole shin then he wouldn't have a broken leg. Simple. If he didn't break his leg Shawcross would have got a yellow card. The tackle wasn't that bad.
27 Emmanuel Eboue
Howard Webb
The way you'd think Tottenham fans had won the League, the Cup and the Champions League because they managed to beat us at the 21st time of trying - well done lads, it only took you 11 years and half our first team missing
Joan Laporta
Footballers being pussies and 'fighting' - if you're going to do it, do it well, don't get sent off for handbags!
The way Tottenham fans recently all started trying to have sex with Lio Messi
Drogba and the ******* way he always ******* scores against us, the ****
Women at football games
Old people at football games
Children at football games
People who refuse to stand up at football games
Plastics who started supporting Arsenal in 2004
Plastics in general
The Match of the Day people
Anyone who doesn't think Gerrard is a diving ****
Tottenham
**** pitches
Sugar Daddies
The Redknapps
People who chum out Pompey because they managed to **** up and make themselves massive underdogs
Tony Twatface Pulis
People who approve of Ryan Shawcross, the flithy ******
Racism
Dissent
The way English stars always get away with dissent
The Arsenal Physios
The Wembley Pitch
Blatter and Platini
The ***** who refuse video technology
People who remember Hillsborough and forget the Ibrox
N17

On the plus side, I love dancing and lasagna, yum.

That old fashioned and small minded then eh? Well... I think people like you shouldn't be allowed to football games. If women are true supportes of a team, why have a problem with them going? I really can't see an issue? I'm a female and I have a season ticket at a lower league club. I've been going for 15 years now and follow my team around the country. Why do I not have the right to be there? Tell me that.
Reply 49
Short corners :facepalm2:
People moaning about players wages.
Constant references to 'no-one' understanding the offside rule :colonhash:
Pundits/commentators saying "looks like the referee made the right decision" then reviewing it from every angle possible and saying the referee made a ridiculous decision and is incompetent.
Commentators with extreme hyperbole.
The terrible journalism that surrounds all of football.
Dishonesty.
Anybody spitting on the grave of anyone in football.
Fans who cannot take (valid) criticism of their own team.
Dissent.
Lack of technology in football (with regards to decisions obviously as a football is incredibly advanced)
Players wearing ridiculous boots that offer no protection then moaning about getting foot injuries :facepalm2:
The phrase "They are professional footballers why can't they play more than 90 minutes in a week" :facepalm2:
Players/managers not learning from simple mistakes.
People moaning about a teams style of play. Football would be boring if there was a uniform way of playing.
The lack of physicality in the game.
Players not getting a decision unless they fling themselves to the ground, which is encouraging violence.
Players not being retroactively punished because the referee 'saw it' in the match.
People saying you should support your local team :facepalm2: this is truly a ridiculous statement.
The England team.
Lower league supporters who believe that the 'big four' supporters don't know anything about football.
Managers and players being given tags that stick regardless of anything. (Be that about them being good or bad players/managers, the media finds it very hard to change once it has decided on what a player/manager is)
People saying things like "There hasn't been a black England manager before, therefore the next England manager has to be black" :facepalm2:
Reply 50
Footballers get paid more than a doctor or a nurse or any occupation that actually contributes to improving the lives of everyone instead of kicking just a ball and getting the fame :mad:
Kevmeister
Not a PLC anymore, numpty.

So, you hate those that are more successful than anything vaguely related to Liverpool, right? [since the PL began]

Good, that's how we like it.

No. I just don't like the way you took the "Football Club" part out of your name and I'll always refer to you as PLC. I just don't like the players I've mentioned, although I can see a theme :wink: I especially don't like how Paul Scholes gets away with assault every other match because he's good ole Scholesy and everyone knows he can't tackle!
Reply 52
The grass not being green enough or having a bald patch :yep:
FullerClass
Sup.

Well I can cope with managers criticising each others teams shortly before and after football, and I'm glad that teams have different styles, it makes things more interesting. Personally, Arsenal fan born and bred, I do prefer the pretty style we play, but I don't hate Stoke and Pulis for playing a more physical, long ball style game - I quite respect them for doing it and doing it successfully.

However, Pulis keeps going on about it, about Wenger and Arsenal, and it gets really annoying seeing his stupid head in the media whinging about something we've done. It also annoys me how his players can clearly do no wrong, and yet one of the things he complains about is Wenger protecting Arsenal players by not slamming them in the press.

On Shawcross, I can now add you to my list of things that annoy me in football. Shawcross is a dirty player, it's not the first time he's broken someone's leg - a few years ago and Franny Jeffers springs to mind? He might, hopefully he hasn't, but he might have ruined one of the finest talents in world football, let alone British football, and all because 'Arsenal don't like it up 'em'. I'm not saying we didn't have dirty players - Adams, Bould, Vieira etc were hardly clean and I love them... but they didn't go around breaking legs; they were physical but not reckless. Personally, I hope Wilshere comes back from Bolton a bit more like them, one of the things we're lacking is a few ***** who are going to niggle and challenge. Having said that, it's never good to break legs and frankly I'd be sickened and guilt ridden if an Arsenal player ever did it to someone.

Now, you're going to accuse me of hypocrisy here because obviously, I'd forgive them eventually, and I don't know if I'll ever forgive Shawcross. Why? Because he complained about Ramsey not saying that all was forgiven mere days after the incident, and then proceeded to come out and say that he'd got over it all much quicker than he would have thought. Well congratulations Ryan. If only Ramsey's leg would heal so quickly.

/rant
ChrisWilliams
No. I just don't like the way you took the "Football Club" part out of your name and I'll always refer to you as PLC. I just don't like the players I've mentioned, although I can see a theme :wink: I especially don't like how Paul Scholes gets away with assault every other match because he's good ole Scholesy and everyone knows he can't tackle!

The fact the club became a PLC doesn't mean a namechange occurred, it did help wrt success.

Scholes gets booked quite a lot, but doesn't go in for tackles, generally, once he's on a yellow. Good ole Scholesy is quite clever, and successful, more so than Starfish Gerrard. I bet that annoys you too..... :wink:
Reply 55
ChrisWilliams
People who pay to watch the match through the tiny screen on their camera

I was saying this to my friend yesterday at the memorial. If every person stood there videoing the 'atmosphere' then there wouldn't be an atmosphere...

Yesterday as well, there were three chinese tourists there (no problem with that), however they were taking pictures during the memorial in that ridiculous, stereotypical chinese tourist pose and smile kind of way, laughing and joking right the way through it and reading the paper.
People like that going to things like the Hillsborough memorial really do annoy me.
Racism 'annoys' people? Surely it's a little more than that?

Alan Green, Tim Lovejoy, Andy Gray, Andy Townsend, Jamie Redknapp, Harry Redknapp, Graham Poll, Yellow cards for taking your shirt off, dissent, players sidling 10 yards up the line every throw in, Rory Delap's towel, Stan Collymore, phone ins that aren't run by Danny Baker, the Wembley pitch, luminous boots, playing semi finals at Wembley, people who are late to games, people who leave early at games, Cesc related rumours.
Reply 57
MK Dons. Enough said.
Kevmeister
The fact the club became a PLC doesn't mean a namechange occurred, it did help wrt success.

Scholes gets booked quite a lot, but doesn't go in for tackles, generally, once he's on a yellow. Good ole Scholesy is quite clever, and successful, more so than Starfish Gerrard. I bet that annoys you too..... :wink:

Really. So why did you take it out of your name then?

No. It annoys me that he gets yellows when he should be getting reds. The vast majority of his tackles are needless, use excessive force and deserve him being sent off. It's amazing he's never seriously injured someone, it really is.

As for Stevie, you're in no position to comment with Wayne "I'm an honest player" Rooney in your side...
Reply 59
Platini and Blatter's sheer stupidity and bias.
Racism
Diving
People who think teams have some divine right to win everything because they play "proper football"
People who hate big clubs for no reason other than "its unfair that they are big"
People who think violence and hooliganism is good for football because "that's how it was in the good old days innit"
AS Roma ultras
The Wembley pitch
England in the World Cup/Euro/any other competition
The media's bootlicking and then vilifying of a fixed player(a Man United one for the past 3 tournaments) before and after the world cup

Quick Reply

Latest