Clothes for uni Watch

This discussion is closed.
buttons7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SamTheMan)
I would follow any instruction written on clothes. I would buy a nicely cut pair of trousers and they'd look like **** afterwards, shrinking in length and just looking terrible.
maybe that's why i look like i live in a cardboard box...
SouthamptonBoy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Cheers for your help guys, Ma has been put in her place and any chance of “practical” clothes being bought from M&S has completely diminished!!!

I’ll have to look about in the aforementioned shops and the ones I usually do and just get a few bits n pieces in!

(Original post by shopaholic_soph)
God i never even thought where i'm goin to store all my shoes and clothes when i go to uni! got one last year at 6th form but i shall be there next year! i have decided to buy lots of clothes this year then will have lots of different outfits to wear at uni to match all my shoes! i have 46 pairs!!!!
:eek: thats a lot of shoes!
Adarah
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah... where will you keep those 46 pairs of shoes at uni? i really don't think you can take that many
I'll be taking 7 pairs probably. Every day shoes, knee high boots, high heeled boots, dance shoes, sandals, slippers, sports shoes. Argh, and I'm worried how I'll get those to uni and where I'll keep them... 46!!!! :eek:
I think you might have to just pick your favourite ones and leave the others behind.
shopaholic_soph
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yes i was afraid of that, but i just don't know how i will decide as I have different coloours and styles to match different clothes and occasions!
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SouthamptonBoy)
Hello boys and girls ,

Well I’ll try and keep this brief. Ever since I applied to uni my rents has been nagging me that none of my clothes are very “practical” and that I should purchase some of these “practical” clothes before I go to uni.

Anyways got my results the other day and it appears I’m off to Exeter in a few weeks, however I still haven’t purchased any “practical” clothes (largely because I’ve had no money but also because I didn’t want to).

Most of the clothes I have are from places like Republic/JD Sports but also a few things from Topman/Burton, but I’ve been told these clothes are no good because they can’t go in tumble drier. My ma rekons that “Marks n Spencer polo shirts are practical and ideal for uni” although it has to be said I’m not too keen on the idea.

I was hoping the good people on TSR could help me! :confused:

Is it quite common to see clothes from the shops I’ve mentioned on uni :confused: campuses?

Does anyone wear M&S polo shirts? :confused:

What sorta gear do you wear just around your uni during the day when your not doing anything special? :confused:

Thanks, Adam X
WORD OF ADVICE: DON'T WEAR ANYTHING FROM JD SPORTS ON A UNI CAMPUS. YOU WILL GET LAUGHED AT.
fabulous_darling
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jaydoh)
WORD OF ADVICE: DON'T WEAR ANYTHING FROM JD SPORTS ON A UNI CAMPUS. YOU WILL GET LAUGHED AT.
Or burnt alive at the stake.
Danny the Geezer
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Quite possibly. :rolleyes:
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Unless of course you're actually on your way to/from doing some sport.
Danny the Geezer
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
True, but you STILL don't wear Nike Shox. CHAVALANCHE EXTRAGANZA or what?
Adarah
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
no idea what make my sports clothes are, will anyone seriously care what make your clothes are that you wear for sport? :rolleyes:
Bexxxx
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by shopaholic_soph)
Yes i was afraid of that, but i just don't know how i will decide as I have different coloours and styles to match different clothes and occasions!
My wardrobe AND my drawers broke last yr @ uni cos i have SO many clothes n shoes/boots! Be careful
SamTheMan
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Adarah)
no idea what make my sports clothes are, will anyone seriously care what make your clothes are that you wear for sport? :rolleyes:
I'm a guy so this is probably useless to you: but I go usually go for proper sports clothes that are designed for a workout like Russell Athletic or Champion: decent pair of shorts or track bottoms with a well fitted t-shirt.
They're a bit hard to get in the UK but I still manage to find them. Otherwise Adidas do stuff that is a bit similar. The trouble with other brands is that they do stuff with either a big ugly logo that make you look like a clueless chav or look like replicas for match clothes (and sportsmen don't wear the same clothes for matches/competitions and working out :rolleyes:)
F. Poste
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think it's a bit easier for girls, my running clothes are discreetly labelled as I'd rather be caught dead than in something that makes me look like I'm running from the law rather than training.. However, when I went to try and find non-brand stuff it was almost impossible to find something that was designed more for fitness than fashion!
SamTheMan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by F. Poste)
I think it's a bit easier for girls, my running clothes are discreetly labelled as I'd rather be caught dead than in something that makes me look like I'm running from the law rather than training.. However, when I went to try and find non-brand stuff it was almost impossible to find something that was designed more for fitness than fashion!
well don't go for non-brand stuff. Go for brands that are good with clothes for workout and are less the kind of brand whose logo you'll see plastered on a 14-year old chav's hoodie.
KenzoKenzo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by SouthamptonBoy)

Does anyone wear M&S polo shirts? :confused:
LMAO

this is a joke right?

i say continue being a fashionsta

dress nice to play na$ty

kenzo!!!
mojo_magic
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by F. Poste)

Im going to be doing a sports degree, and quite frankly, when i need to wear sports clothes, for the gym or tennis ect, im not gonna care what ppl think. i know im not a chav. And people wont assume you are one just on your clothes

You may be forgetting the fake gold jewelry, hairsprayed back hair, orange-glo tan and 6 layers of cheap make up
SamTheMan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by KenzoKenzo)
LMAO

this is a joke right?

i say continue being a fashionsta

dress nice to play na$ty

kenzo!!!
Nothing wrong with a polo shirt, wherever it's from. Never bought one from M&S but I'm sure they'd be good-quality.
Suzie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jaydoh)
Ok im not quite understanding the whole concept of this... care to explain why?
SamTheMan
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Suzie)
Ok im not quite understanding the whole concept of this... care to explain why?
ok if you go to the University of Essex, you might get away with it...
Suzie
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hehe well thats all goooood then! Tbh i wouldnt care where i went to uni, i would wear what the hell i wanted when i wanted. Jeez feel like im going back to high school...

'' dont buy or wear hi-tech trainers coz u will get taken the piss out of ''

lol
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (460)
91.82%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (41)
8.18%

Watched Threads