Turn on thread page Beta

Clothes for uni watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Suzie)
    hehe well thats all goooood then! Tbh i wouldnt care where i went to uni, i would wear what the hell i wanted when i wanted. Jeez feel like im going back to high school...

'' dont buy or wear hi-tech trainers coz u will get taken the piss out of ''

lol
    I had Hi-tech trainers but that was like 15 years ago. I actually liked them

What people mean is that you should dress a bit more "adult" and tiny bit classier when you go to Uni if you don't want to look too out of place. Like don't try and dress like you're a gangster :rolleyes: even if you got away with it at high school.

ReputationRep:
    ahhh i c!

ReputationRep:
    Dressing a bit more maturely is good. I try to wear classic items of clothing. I buy things because they fit well and flatter my shape and colouring, not because they're the latest thing "in". You can dress up a plain outfit with a fashionable bag or other accessories and no one will realise that what you're wearing is very simple. It's also a lot kinder on your wallet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaydoh)
    WORD OF ADVICE: DON'T WEAR ANYTHING FROM JD SPORTS ON A UNI CAMPUS. YOU WILL GET LAUGHED AT.
    (Original post by spangletastic)
    Or burnt alive at the stake.
    (Original post by F. Poste)
    I think it's a bit easier for girls, my running clothes are discreetly labelled as I'd rather be caught dead than in something that makes me look like I'm running from the law rather than training.. However, when I went to try and find non-brand stuff it was almost impossible to find something that was designed more for fitness than fashion!

I didn’t think university educated people would be so small minded! I can’t see how a person’s choice of clothing can instantly make somebody a chav/criminal!

I mean although some of the clothes I wear could POSSIBLY considered chav, I think that if someone spent about five minutes actually talking to me they’d realise that I wasn’t chav at all, I mean I got 3 As at A-level, and I wouldn’t associate that with chavism!. I’m not like a little kid who wears Nike/Adidas etc but have got some decent Lacoste, YSL and Fred Perry clothing from sports shops.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SouthamptonBoy)

I didn’t think university educated people would be so small minded! I can’t see how a person’s choice of clothing can instantly make somebody a chav/criminal!

I mean although some of the clothes I wear could POSSIBLY considered chav, I think that if someone spent about five minutes actually talking to me they’d realise that I wasn’t chav at all, I mean I got 3 As at A-level, and I wouldn’t associate that with chavism!. I’m not like a little kid who wears Nike/Adidas etc but have got some decent Lacoste, YSL and Fred Perry clothing from sports shops.

People do make assumptions but you have to rise above them, most people assume i'm a bimbo because i dress up when i go out and i like shopping and I too have 3 as at A level. maybe just wear what you like to uni (minus the M&S polo shirts ) and if people instantly judge you for not fitting into their little idea of what uni students should look like then ignore them.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.