The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Mark_KK
Anyone else doing this course?

I am doing the full A-Level in one year and have AS exams in about a week.

I would be interested to message anyone who is doing the subject particularly the EDEXCEL syllabus.

i did edexcel route d if that helps
Reply 2
I'm doing it as an extra AS, but with AQA (I think). I'm slightly panicking about the exam next Friday, my revision isn't going too great. :rolleyes:
Reply 3
I finished it last year. I did Edexcel don't know the route letter, but in the second year i did ideologies, which was quite an interesting experience.
Reply 4
I'm OCR but doing it still
Reply 5
Mark_KK

I would be interested to message anyone who is doing the subject particularly the EDEXCEL syllabus.

hi!..yeah i'm doing the edexcel syllabus- and route b for a2 (ideologies)
what textbook are you using to study from?
:smile:
Reply 6
anonymiss
hi!..yeah i'm doing the edexcel syllabus- and route b for a2 (ideologies)
what textbook are you using to study from?
:smile:

I use two, one is called "Success in Politics" the other is more geared to Uni students and is by a guy called John Kingdom although the name of the book escapes me at the moment.

I am doing 2 "A levels" in one year (Governement&Politics and English Language) and my January modules will take a three exam format:

People And Politics (Elections, Political Parties, Democracy and Pressure Groups).

Governing The UK
(Prime Minister And Cabinet, Parliament, The UK Constitution And The Judiciery).

Data response paper that can be on any of the above (choice of two questions.
Mark_KK
I use two, one is called "Success in Politics" the other is more geared to Uni students and is by a guy called John Kingdom although the name of the book escapes me at the moment.

I am doing 2 "A levels" in one year (Governement&Politics and English Language) and my January modules will take a three exam format:

People And Politics (Elections, Political Parties, Democracy and Pressure Groups).

Governing The UK
(Prime Minister And Cabinet, Parliament, The UK Constitution And The Judiciery).

Data response paper that can be on any of the above (choice of two questions.

be aware that the data response will almost certainly be on a different area covered in the first two papers, i know that sounds really obv, so if on paper 1 you have questions focussing on parties and pressure groups the data response is likely to be on election studies (whoopdedoo!)

did you have any specific questions? a good tip is to find the specimin papers online and read the mark scheme to get an idea of what the examiners are really looking for-plus it is likely the same/very similar questions will come up again (95% for paper1, thank god for the internet :biggrin: )
Reply 8
The first two papers consist of four questions each with three parts. You answer two of your choice.

The third paper is as I say a choice of two questions that can be on anything covered in what you have studied so far thus there is a good chance it could be on something they asked you about in one of the previous papers.
Reply 9
I did AQA A Level with final A2 exams last June and got an A. If you've got any questions I might be able to help with you can PM me.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Reply 10
Mark_KK

me! when im about 3 years older :biggrin:
Why has this thread been moved to the Oxbridge forum???

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x
Reply 12
I'm doing A2 Gov+Pol with Edexcel. Route B i believe this year which is ideologies. There is only one AS route I think.

I got 100% in paper 1 but really not sure how, I did better in paper 3 than paper 2 as in 2 I didn't develop my arguements fully and just ended up listing a number of points for one question as I was running out of time - so whatever you do don't do that.

Ended up with a good A and really enjoying A2, tit was the best exam I had lasy year although they are time pressured so read the questions quickly but accurately and jot your thoughts down before you start writing out the whole answer to the question. Good Luck!
Reply 13
Am in my A2 year of Politics and doing the route with 'issues' 'europe' and a synoptic. fun fun fun... (runs screaming)
Mark_KK

Yes, I've done EdExcel Govt & Politics AS (100%, 100%, 75%) and now taking the ideology path for A2 level and re-sitting Unit 3 AS (75%)

Despite that slip-up, I'm happy to help anyone who wants advice.

Big Politics Fan!
Reply 15
plsletmein!
Yes, I've done EdExcel Govt & Politics AS (100%, 100%, 75%) and now taking the ideology path for A2 level and re-sitting Unit 3 AS (75%)

Big Politics Fan!

hi!..well don fo your marks, i'm doing the same course- could i ask what teextbook you're doing fo a2? i'm using the one by andrew heywood- though i'd pefer a more concise book...any ideas?
Reply 16
plsletmein!

Big Politics Fan!

What does it say about an exam if two people on here can claim they got 100%

100% should be virtually unattainable I think.

Having said that apparantly the grade boundary for an "A" last year was a mere 60%.
Reply 17
Mark_KK
What does it say about an exam if two people on here can claim they got 100%

100% should be virtually unattainable I think.

Having said that apparantly the grade boundary for an "A" last year was a mere 60%.

Politics is just learning facts, hardly difficult to walk out with 90%+
anonymiss
hi!..well don fo your marks, i'm doing the same course- could i ask what teextbook you're doing fo a2? i'm using the one by andrew heywood- though i'd pefer a more concise book...any ideas?

Yeh, I'm using Heywood too. Not too bd but this year's so much harder!
Let me know if you find textbook success!
Reply 19
corey
Politics is just learning facts, hardly difficult to walk out with 90%+

Well I suppose all learning is just about "learning facts" or "learning systems" then applying them to exam questions asked of you.

Can I think of one subject that is not about "learning facts"?

Dunno!

Perhaps if you go on to study Politics at University levls it becomes abit less fact based and you are asked more for your own opinion.

Latest

Trending

Trending