Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Well...I wouldn't say "Geordie"...more like "Fake Geordie" since you come from the other side of the Tyne hehe :p:
    LOl, you see he posted at the same time I did.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Filibuster)
    LOl, you see he posted at the same time I did.
    You know me too well :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Well...I wouldn't say "Geordie"...more like "Fake Geordie" since you come from the other side of the Tyne hehe :p:
    lol but am as gud as....no one knows where gateshead is anyway!! i havnt got a v strong accent tho ne way... i just talk really really really fast

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    You know me too well :p:
    inside and out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsk8achic666)
    lol but am as gud as....no one knows where gateshead is anyway!! i havnt got a v strong accent tho ne way... i just talk really really really fast
    Trust me, you don't think you've got an accent then you get to Durham and in the first week EVERYONE will go "Are you from Newcastle?" after you've said one sentence to them, trust me, I got it a lot...and my accent isn't that broad!!

(Original post by Filibuster)
    inside and out
    Eeewwwww

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    I was gonna say I don't think you have a very strong geordie accent.
    It was a lot stronger this time last year!

Wait...thats wrong, this time last year I was speaking with an american accent

But about 1 year and 4 months ago, it was bloody strong!!! And then going to Durham it was quite strong too....it has disappeared over the year

Though it goes strong again when talking to my Dad, weirdly enough lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dobbs)
    Trust me, you don't think you've got an accent then you get to Durham and in the first week EVERYONE will go "Are you from Newcastle?" after you've said one sentence to them, trust me, I got it a lot...and my accent isn't that broad!!
    But hopefully people wont say "say whey aye man" over and over again like they do when you go on holiday...

Or say (criminally) u sound like the people on Byker Grove (who, I reckon, have extremely fake geordie accents... btw i know the twins... and they didnt talk like that before they did the prog)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Trust me, they will.
    I think I'll go mad...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Nah, it won't be too bad.....(hopefully, for your sake )
    hope so lol... if i was any good at doing accents i'd fake one see how long it took people to realise... or me to forget to do the accent... but hey... i'll live :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Kez*)
    Ok,I think this may be a thread that none of you can really answer but do any of you know or know of Northern Irish students at Durham and more importantly where they fly from/to?Also, I haven't received my pack yet but do freshers definitely have to arrive on the 2nd Oct? I need to know this asap so that we can book the ferry. Thanks

Hi. Well, at Hild and Bede there is a big ginger haired N.Irish DRUNKARD who is a great laugh, especially if you can go to karaoke with him. Ah, that night was brilliant.
    The best way to get there is to fly with Easyjet from B'fast Intl to Newcastle, then get the train from Newcastle airport into town, and then get a train from there to Durham. It's easy!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I've just checked the easyjet flights and they're £5.99 around Christmas if i book now, think i should get booking!!

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.