Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by curryADD)
    can i have one from your baby account then?
    I don't think the baby account has got enough time left yet...the big account (40+reps from my major account is OK for midday tommorow)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776 2)
    I don't think the baby account has got enough time left yet...the big account (40+reps from my major account is OK for midday tommorow)
    well haz will be getting it then.....i want my fourth gem so i will be 40 also! how much rep can i give right now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776 2)
    Can you explain that bit for me please.

For essay styles of writing, is like 2000 words enough to cover the details needed? i.e. 25 hours of primary materials.
    don't get too caught up in that - it's just the idiosyncracies of one tutor (two students and one tutor in each tutorial, we cover one broad topic related to the unit a week. That topic is sub-divided into two smaller themes for essays, one 'big', one 'little' - the 'big' essay has the longer reading list and is expected to be longer. In the tutorial, we discuss both essays and draw them together to cover the broader topic) - there is no definitive way to answer how many essays you will be aked to do/how long they should be etc... - the variation across subjects, colleges and individual tutors is just too great.

At the moment I write about 2000 words, but my first essays were slightly shorter. As we get more to grips with the unit, the word length of my essays is slowly getting longer without being too painful - building on your knowledge each week just gives you more and more to consider for the next essay, and the arguments become easier to extend.

Reading lists take a while to get to grips with - the secret is to not try and make notes on every single point in each and every article. It just takes time to read through it all and sift out the pertinent points for a particular essay

ReputationRep:
    Whoever was asking about PPE workload I can honestly say that the PPEists in my year at college get less work than me. In the first term they have fewer tutorials, ergo fewer essays and less work, and they don't have prelims until trinity term whereas I have mine in approximately 2 months :eek:

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

ReputationRep:
    Cheers Hilda, and thanks for all the comments, much appreciate all the feedback people.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.