Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im going there in sept, just wanting to talk to other people going or already there just want other peoples thoughts..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by charlielouise23)
    Im going there in sept, just wanting to talk to other people going or already there just want other peoples thoughts..
    Hiya, I'm not at Brookes, but this is their forum... so maybe you can post a message there?
    http://www.thesu.com/bulletin/YaBB.cgi

ReputationRep:
    thanks!

ReputationRep:
    It's a nice place... I'm sure that you'll love it.
    If you have any questions about Oxford in general, do ask!

ReputationRep:
    is it lively? Or is it focused more on culture..?Im not really bothered, just be nice to know what to expect..!!

ReputationRep:
    Brookes: there are quite a many international students, so the campus is quite diverse. But you get to have a campus, which is great. There are many student events which are really popular- nice gigs etc. So it's quite lively.
    Headington is like a town, so you can get all stuffs there without coming to the city centre.

Oxford city: Lively on Weds, Thurs, Fri & Sat nights There are some nice clubs, but apparently they don't compare to clubs elsewhere. On hindsight, I would say that Oxford is quite lively too- due to the wide range of people, cuisine, culture etc.

I have some friends at Brookes who seem to be loving their studies... and because of the semester system, your classes apparently gets over by May 2nd week.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.