Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainjan_4now)
    ...only if you supply the watermelon, lol!!!

I think i'd enjoy myself more at a cheesy disco than a proper one that tries to hard. Thats why i cant wait to try the retro rooms- or something like that :confused:
    Even if you go you don't really have to dance, most people will be too busy trying to make friends and chat and stuff (hope the music's not too loud). I sound like a grumpy old man, hehe.

ReputationRep:
    oh well... maybe ill find a friend and pop along for a head bop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emily-Sarah)
    Even if you go you don't really have to dance, most people will be too busy trying to make friends and chat and stuff (hope the music's not too loud). I sound like a grumpy old man, hehe.
    I may go along if i feel like it on the day...unpacking is going to be a real challenge for me, because i have a knack for wanting a clean room, yet being as messy as a pig (no offence to pigs :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    I may go along if i feel like it on the day...unpacking is going to be a real challenge for me, because i have a knack for wanting a clean room, yet being as messy as a pig (no offence to pigs :rolleyes: )
    pigs are filthy animals! accordin to jules anyway :p:

ReputationRep:
    is this like a casual event or a 'come on lets get dolled up' kind of a disco?.... i mean, hey... any exuse to put on a dress.

ReputationRep:
    lol me too i have to have a clean room even though i make most of the mess

ReputationRep:
    lol same here! Is anyone else really looking forward to the whole having your own room to organise thing? (or is that just me! lol) I'm still trying to work out colour schemes...thats how prepared i am going to be! I'll probs miss that icebreaker disco as ill still be locked away in my room rearranging everything for the 50th time!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_katiej_x)
    lol same here! Is anyone else really looking forward to the whole having your own room to organise thing? (or is that just me! lol) I'm still trying to work out colour schemes...thats how prepared i am going to be! I'll probs miss that icebreaker disco as ill still be locked away in my room rearranging everything for the 50th time!!
    its the same for me because i've had to share my room since i was 7!!! i supose im going for dark greens, blues, and purples as i love those colour, and i can make them work together.

angel_m, im glad im not the only one...

ReputationRep:
    yeah im well excited about organising my whole room
    im thinking pink
    i have to go out and get some cushions and candles and stuff!
    ooh so excited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel M)
    yeah im well excited about organising my whole room
    im thinking pink
    i have to go out and get some cushions and candles and stuff!
    ooh so excited
    lol, when i was in ikea the other day buying everything in dark bule/green, i saw another gonna-be uni student girl, and her trolley contents were all absolutely pink......that really scared me, lol!!

pink for me, is cool, but in moderation...pink kitchen towels, lol

ReputationRep:
    ooh are we allowed candles?? I work in a candle shop so im sorted if we are! lol.
    Im still deciding what colour to go with...maybe blue... hmmmm ...

ReputationRep:
    lol, when i was in ikea the other day buying everything in dark bule/green, i saw another gonna-be uni student girl, and her trolley contents were all absolutely pink......that really scared me, lol!!

pink for me, is cool, but in moderation...pink kitchen towels, lol

I got pink washing up brushes... lol Unfortunatly. i couldnt find matching pots and pans though. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by x_katiej_x)
    ooh are we allowed candles?? I work in a candle shop so im sorted if we are! lol.
    Im still deciding what colour to go with...maybe blue... hmmmm ...
    a little presentation for all you......

http://www.keelefm.co.uk/security_an...l.php?subID=38

...dont ask why i was laughing my head off whilst watching it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    a little presentation for all you......

http://www.keelefm.co.uk/security_an...l.php?subID=38

...dont ask why i was laughing my head off whilst watching it :rolleyes:
    LOL! the starting nearly scared me i had my volume on full blast
    im going to blend in a lot of colours like blue, lilac lol but mainly pink all the way hay!
    pink washing up brushes :eek: where did you get those?
    i need to make a trip to ikea and buy funky cool cutlery hehe
    i think i might be taking this too far :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    im going to blend in a lot of colours like blue, lilac lol but mainly pink all the way hay!

Woolworths!! thats the place to go if you want pink washing up brushes. Only 99p aswell, bargain! lol Oh and your not taking it to far dont worry, im concentrating more on my room than i am on my actual course!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    lol, you're taking it as far as i am!!!

...i looooooooooooooooove ikea...especially the hot dogs :love:

ReputationRep:
    Super! 99p us students need to keep a look out for good bargains! i might pop out in a bit from work and have a look around woolworths

hehe rainjan ikea rocks!

ReputationRep:
    There are usually at least 2-3 call outs per week, because people can't remember to take their jacket potatoes out of the oven.

Those sirens were the bain of my life. AWFUL things.

We covered our kitchen one with a sock in a first year.

They carry out drills in the first 2 weeks of every semester between 3am and 8am usually. If you dont come out of your room, the resident tutors come unlock your door to see if you're in your room. If you are, you get fined. *******s. But the siren is so shrill and damn loud you can't help but run screaming from the building.

Rach
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    omg lol 3am!
    well be out there in our pjs great stuff hehe :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    omg lol 3am!
    well be out there in our pjs great stuff hehe :rolleyes:
    Thats gonna b fun ppl cin in your pjs, gr8 first impressions especially if u hav bunny rabbits on them. lol (no offence if any1 does).

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.