Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Anyone see this on the news?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4163896.stm

Saw it on itv the other day, interesting case... you really dont see stuff like this often? How come we never really get serial killers in england.. not complaining like :P :tsr:

If there's one thing this country needs, it's more serial killers. There should be a degree course in it, somewhere in Clearing.

ReputationRep:
    We have had plenty of serial killers in England. They just tend to be forgotten very quickly, just like this BTK guy will be when the media attention dies down.

ReputationRep:
    my friend lives down the road from BTK's house and she says that in Wichita there was CRAZY coverage, but I had never heard of him until a couple of months ago, guess california media is too occupied with Ahnold to care

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    I read his story aaaaaaages ago.

This man honestly made me afraid to be alone in the house. I'm frantic for searching wardrobes and rooms, and under the beds since reading about this sick ****.

I want him dead, I really do.
    But this was in America, not Sheffield.

I know what you mean, this sort of thing totally weirds me out, and I'm a boy thus less likely to be subjected to sexual predators like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_roadkill)
    But this was in America, not Sheffield.

I know what you mean, this sort of thing totally weirds me out, and I'm a boy thus less likely to be subjected to sexual predators like that.
    :eek:

i really hope there's no-one like that in sheffield

I think that the difference is that while they have serial killers, we just have murderers. No charismatic and mysterious figure of hate, just some bloke with a gun outside a club. Not the sort of thing that holds your attention on the news for quite as long.

ReputationRep:
    omg i heard about that one

wasn't it cos she didn't have the light on that she didn't see her flatmates body?

i'm home alone (fmaily on hols) and i'm a little freaked out now..

ReputationRep:
    i know where it was. doesn't stop you from thinking that there are such things as copycat killers.

I mean, this one time, he got into a womans house, and she was staying out that night, so he gave up and left. but he LEFT HER A NOTE telling her she was lucky she wasn't in..because he was.

abineszjkv hsjkv hdajkbz ;_;
    Indeed. Horrible. Are you quite a worrying type of person? Like, do you dwell on things?

ReputationRep:
    yes. insane for taking things too literally, and not being able to watch horror movies because of it.

real life scares me even more.
    Aww :flowers:

Well, if you ever get upset you can always come to me and I will give you a nice hug

ReputationRep:
    you could be a serial killer for all we know, for all we know youre under lessthanthree's bed... BEHIND YOU LESSTHANTHREE

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2005
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.