Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As there are a lot of IB Students in this forum I thought i'd make a thread for ppl just to introduce themselves and say what subjects they're studying. This way we can PM each other and help everyone get those top grades! Hee hee

So, if your an IB student plz fill out this questionnare.

[Name]
    [IB 1st or 2nd year?]
    [Subjects, specify if HL or SL]
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    [Strongest Subjects]
    [Extended Essay Topic]
    [ToK Essay Question + Presentation]
    -
    -
    [Extra Comments]

ReputationRep:
    Here's mine:

[Name] Vavavoom
    [IB 1st or 2nd year?] 2nd
    -English A1 (HL)
    -History (HL)
    -Japanese A2 (HL)
    -Biology (SL)
    -Math Methods
    -Geography (SL)
    [Strongest Subjects] I can (hopefully) help with English, History, and Biology
    [Extended Essay Topic] History: Comparative study of the differences in Japanese and Chinese textbooks on the Japanese Aggression in China, 1895-1937
    -Presentation: Whether History Tells Us the Truth.
    -Essay: The filter one (can't remember title!)
    [Extra Comments]
    Nice to meet you everyone!! Feel free to PM me and i'll try my best to help!

ReputationRep:
    Mine.

[Name]akk713
    [IB 1st or 2nd year?]2nd year of hell
    -English A1 SL
    -Chinese A2 SL
    -Math HL
    -Econ HL
    -Chem HL
    -Physics HL
    [Strongest Subjects]Physics, chem and maths
    [Extended Essay Topic]Physics: whether glass or plastic is more suitable for eyeglasses
    - Presentation: Challenging gender roles
    -Essay: No. 6
    [Extra Comments][/QUOTE]
    Please give me help if you study any subject above, and I would love to exchange information too.

Last but not least

DAMN IB!!

ReputationRep:
    [Mark]
    [b][2nd yearb]
    -English A1 HL
    -History HL
    -Economics HL
    -Chemistry SL
    -Maths Studies
    -French B SL

[Not a big difference between my performance in all my highers. I'm not bad at TOK either]
    [b]A look at how Seamus Heaney responded to the Troubles in Northern Ireland in "Wintering Out" and "North" for English A1[b]
    [Filters plus the problems of knoweldge faced when examining religon and faith]
    -
    -

ReputationRep:
    [[Name] Rabia
    [IB 1st or 2nd year?] 2nd
    -English hl
    -chem hl
    -bio hl
    -Mathz studs sl
    -geo sl
    -frech ab initio
    [Strongest Subjects]chem n bio n mathz i guess
    [Extended Essay Topic] Bio: the affect of alcohol on the nervous system(response times)
    -words r more powerfull bla BLA
    -music
    [Extra Comments][/QUOTE]
    Umm.. dun u just hate the Ib ! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    As there are a lot of IB Students in this forum I thought i'd make a thread for ppl just to introduce themselves and say what subjects they're studying. This way we can PM each other and help everyone get those top grades! Hee hee

So, if your an IB student plz fill out this questionnare.

[Name] Sarah
    [IB 1st or 2nd year?] 2nd year (4 months 22 days to go...woohooo)
    -ENglish A1 (HL)
    -Biology (HL)
    -Physics(HL)
    - French Ab
    -ITGS (SL)
    -Math Methods
    [Strongest Subjects] English, Biology, ITGS
    [Extended Essay Topic] Eng lit, study of diff media in these two books about treatment of women in Pakistan by a pak women writer.
    -the filters one....
    -I DONT KNOW!! (OH NO!)
    [Extra Comments]
    I HATE THE IB!
    And i am SO GLAD i am not the only one...it makes me feel SLIGHTLY better....!!! (: (:
    Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahwhatevver)
    I HATE THE IB!
    And i am SO GLAD i am not the only one...it makes me feel SLIGHTLY better....!!! (: (:
    Cheers!
    Don't worry we're all on the same boat!! If you feel annoyed go here to let off some steam: http://users.rcn.com/ctakei/IB/index.shtml

IB sucks but I bet it's worth it.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry we're all on the same boat!! If you feel annoyed go here to let off some steam: http://users.rcn.com/ctakei/IB/index.shtml

IB sucks but I bet it's worth it.
    Konnichiwa!! (I hope I got that right cuz my Japanese is kinda rusty)I do not not what I will do with myself or the IB people if it isnt worth ALL THIS work!! (:
    Thanks for the web link....lets see how much steam i manage to let out!(: (:

ReputationRep:
    Konnichiwa!! (I hope I got that right cuz my Japanese is kinda rusty)I do not not what I will do with myself or the IB people if it isnt worth ALL THIS work!! (:
    Thanks for the web link....lets see how much steam i manage to let out!(: (:
    Hehe, konnichiwa! (it's right)

The website is great, I laughed so hard.

ReputationRep:
    Jonatan Ring
    Second year IB
    Physics HL
    Chemistry HL
    Mathematics HL
    Economics SL
    Swedish A1 SL
    Enhlish B SL

Strongest subject
    Physics
    [Extended Essay Topic]
    Levitation of aluminium rings using alternating current induced magnetic fields.
    Not decided
    Not decided
    [Extra Comments]
    Our CAS coordinator doesn't do **** to help us...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by akk713)
    -English A1 SL
    -Chinese A2 SL
    -Math HL
    -Econ HL
    -Chem HL
    -Physics HL
    Holy crap! thats a difficult subject combo! I have the exact same subject, only I have swedish instead of Chinese, and my english is at B standard level, and the economics is also at standard. Im having a damn stressed up time, I really feel for you ... Let me know if you need any info in Physics. It my all time strongest subject, but then that appears to be the case for you too

Btw: Math HL is hell when the teatcher and the book sucks!

ReputationRep:
    [Name] Linda
    [IB 1st or 2nd year?] 2nd year
    -Norwegian A1 HL
    -English B HL
    -European History HL
    -Economics SL
    -Physics SL
    -Math Methods
    [Strongest Subjects]
    History (IMO)
    [Extended Essay Topic]
    Language in Lolita - Nabokov's way of seducing the reader
    - words are more powerful than we think (or something like that)
    - something on laguage paradoxes
    [Extra Comments]
    I quite like IB actually...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Linda)
    [Name]
    [
    [Extra Comments]
    Aye, I do too.

ReputationRep:
    [Extra Comments]
    I quite like IB actually...[/QUOTE]

Ay, love and hate are the same thing, haha. I hate IB but i quite like it as well

ReputationRep:
    [Extra Comments]
    Ay, love and hate are the same thing, haha. I hate IB but i quite like it as well [/QUOTE]

Hahaha....I can understand...I would say the same...IB isnt really all that bad...its just, stressful sometimes!!
    ps: my sudden turn for the better is because i submitted my EE!!

ReputationRep:

Hahaha....I can understand...I would say the same...IB isnt really all that bad...its just, stressful sometimes!!
    ps: my sudden turn for the better is because i submitted my EE!!
    Hehe! Congrats!! Submitting your EE feels so good . Everyone in our school had to hand it in in October. We had to work hard but we can forget it now!! I hope the examiner likes it~! I'd be awefully upset if I get something like a C...I worked so hard on it....then again I know one person who's supervisor made her rewrite her essay 15 times (5 times COMPLETELY) and she got a C...poor soul, i'd cry.....

The EE is hard stuff...I did mine in history and my supervisor told me the following story: One person in last year's class did her essay on the Watergate Scandal, and it was a superb essay - her English was top notch. Another person did her essay on her Grandfather's role in the Dutch resistance in WWII. Her essay was ok, not as scholarly as the other girls. In the end the superb essay got a C, and ok essay got an A. Why? The latter's essay the examiner probably knew mostly nothing about because it was so personal, whilst the former's topic the examiner probably knew a lot about, so the examiner could find ways to critisize it.

It's a tough life....

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine who is now studying Physics and Magdalen College, Oxford wrote an EE which did the rounds at CERN it was so good. She got a D. The EE marking system really is very very strange....

ReputationRep:
    Hehe! Congrats!! Submitting your EE feels so good . Everyone in our school had to hand it in in October. We had to work hard but we can forget it now!! I hope the examiner likes it~! I'd be awefully upset if I get something like a C...I worked so hard on it....then again I know one person who's supervisor made her rewrite her essay 15 times (5 times COMPLETELY) and she got a C...poor soul, i'd cry.....

The EE is hard stuff...I did mine in history and my supervisor told me the following story: One person in last year's class did her essay on the Watergate Scandal, and it was a superb essay - her English was top notch. Another person did her essay on her Grandfather's role in the Dutch resistance in WWII. Her essay was ok, not as scholarly as the other girls. In the end the superb essay got a C, and ok essay got an A. Why? The latter's essay the examiner probably knew mostly nothing about because it was so personal, whilst the former's topic the examiner probably knew a lot about, so the examiner could find ways to critisize it.

It's a tough life....
    Thank you thank you....(smart curtsy)....(;
    Well, I dont know what to think about my EE...the sample essays that I read were all so 'educated', that was intimidating! Like you said, 'scholarly', but what you guys said about obscure topics made me feel better because mine is about these two books written by a Pakistani author that I am sure nobody has ever heard of. Hopefully the examiners wont have much to compare it to! (:

ReputationRep:
    Thank you thank you....(smart curtsy)....(;
    Well, I dont know what to think about my EE...the sample essays that I read were all so 'educated', that was intimidating! Like you said, 'scholarly', but what you guys said about obscure topics made me feel better because mine is about these two books written by a Pakistani author that I am sure nobody has ever heard of. Hopefully the examiners wont have much to compare it to! (:
    Hey, your topic sounds great!!! Perfect too . Everyone who did their EE in history in my school tried to make sure they chose a topic the examiner probably wouldn't know about. Hence...everyone did it on Japan!! Not on the obvious stuff of course like Pearl Harbour

ReputationRep:
    Hey, your topic sounds great!!! Perfect too . Everyone who did their EE in history in my school tried to make sure they chose a topic the examiner probably wouldn't know about. Hence...everyone did it on Japan!! Not on the obvious stuff of course like Pearl Harbour
    It sounds like you guys have plenty of IB students in your school...we are a class of 5 AND the first IB Diploma students of Central Asia so everything is kind of new! Generally, how many students does a normal sized IB class consist of?

University open days

1. Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Days Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  2. University of Sunderland
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
  3. Plymouth College of Art
    All MA Programmes Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Jul '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.