This discussion is closed.
vavavoom
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by UWC student)
I am in the USA in the United World College of the American West.
Welcome, welcome
sarahwhatevver
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kildare)
Yea, that's what I thought. I was just wondering why they bothered to give you a grade out of 7 on each paper then.
I guess the IB people think we want to know how we do individually on each paper as well as our final overall grade...
Anybody who is willing to help, I have a TOK presentation coming up, any comments/suggestions would be fantastic, the topic is, "Is purposefully misleading the public justified?"Thank you! (:
vavavoom
Rep:
?
(Original post by sarahwhatevver)
I guess the IB people think we want to know how we do individually on each paper as well as our final overall grade...
Anybody who is willing to help, I have a TOK presentation coming up, any comments/suggestions would be fantastic, the topic is, "Is purposefully misleading the public justified?"Thank you! (:
The trap that the people who didn't do well fell in was to turn their ToK presentation into an ethical debate (I didn't do this mind you, lol). Just make sure you don't do that and refer to the problems of knowledge
IB Sufferer
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by vavavoom)
As there are a lot of IB Students in this forum I thought i'd make a thread for ppl just to introduce themselves and say what subjects they're studying. This way we can PM each other and help everyone get those top grades! Hee hee

So, if your an IB student plz fill out this questionnare.

[Name]
[IB 1st or 2nd year?] 1
[Subjects, specify if HL or SL]
-English (HL)
-History (HL)
-Psychology (HL)
-Physics
-Maths Methods
-French
[Strongest Subjects] English and History
[Extended Essay Topic] English[ToK Essay Question + Presentation]
-
-
[Extra Comments]
For my ee I'd like to compare 2 books by PG Wodehouse but I'm not sure how to go about, any tips would be great!
DrSoySauce
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by IB Sufferer)
For my ee I'd like to compare 2 books by PG Wodehouse but I'm not sure how to go about, any tips would be great!
I did mine comparing an author is not at all like PG (Raymond Chandler), but the thing to do is look through the books and find something that seems like a big difference between them. Than expand on that idea untill you have a bigger topic, instead of just doing something on the themes. Or else find another author from the same genre/period, and compare a book by each one.
Zirkons
Report 16 years ago
[Name] Anna
[year] 2nd year
[Subjects]

Swedish A2 (SL)
English A2 (HL)
Maths studies (SL)
Biology (SL)
Psychology (HL)
Economics (HL)

[Strongest Subject]
Economics

[Extended Essay Topic]
The outcome of the merger between Avesta AB and British Stainless steel compared to the forecasted expectations! (economics)

[ToK Essay Question + Presentation]
“Different cultures have different truths.” “A truth is that which can be accepted universally.” What are the implications of knowledge of agreeing with theses opposing statements?
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You don't do an A1 language?
Linda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
You don't do an A1 language?
probably a typo
DrSoySauce
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I didn't know you could do A2 languages higher level. Interesting...but too late, considering I am going to graduate in a few months.
vavavoom
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrSoySauce)
I didn't know you could do A2 languages higher level. Interesting...but too late, considering I am going to graduate in a few months.
Really? I do Higher A2 Japanese, though i was supposed to do Standard at first......thanx to the counsellor's misunderstanding, grrr.
vavavoom
Rep:
?
As of this week I am DONE with ToK! MUHAHA! So happy. Now all my ToK lessons are study halls~. Hurrah.
Linda
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
As of this week I am DONE with ToK! MUHAHA! So happy. Now all my ToK lessons are study halls~. Hurrah.
I LOVE ToK! I'm gonna be so sad when it's all over... At least I'm having fun with writing my ToK essay.
_EMMA_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Linda)
I LOVE ToK! I'm gonna be so sad when it's all over... At least I'm having fun with writing my ToK essay.
my tok finish next week, i'm going to miss it too, it is an interesting subject and it is also the only essay that i would like to have a larger word count on.
_EMMA_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i guess it is not your favorite subject?
anyway how is it going with everything else?
i have mocks in a couple of weeks, have you or anyone else had them yet?
kerianica
Report 16 years ago
Hello there! I just joined, and I am currently an IB Junior in Florida. I've decided to fill out this questionnaire.

Name- Kerian Brook Pannell
IB 1st or 2nd year? - 1st
Subjects, specify if HL or SL
-Pre-Calculus (SL)
-Physics 2 (HL)
-Chemistry 2 (SL)
- IB/AP US. History (HL)
- Computer Science (SL)
- IB/AP Language and Composition (HL)
- French III IB (SL)

Strongest Subjects- definitely math and chemistry, and history and computer science, and english. French is okay, but our teacher is not that great, so in turn I don't consider it a strong suit of mine since even though I have a 96/A in there, no one in my class will pass our IB French Exam.... Ahhh, Physics. I had A's in there all year until we started Astrophysics.. (such an evil option).. and now I recieved 70's on those tests. So I kissed my A goodbye... However, I am still 4th in my class of 452, so I'm not as worse off as some...

Extended Essay Topic - Even though the disease itself has remained unchanged, what changes in society have taken place that make it more accepting of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?

ToK Essay Question + Presentation - havent done that yet,... will come next year in Senior IB land.
-
-
Extra Comments - none, I've said so much already..

Thanks for your time.
sarahwhatevver
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I think I will still continue taking TOK after I am done with my presentation...two reasons, I like TOK, it is a great class and our teacher is fantastic...two, I end up doing nothing during my free classes, (well, most of the time anyway!) I am so terribly lazy!!!!
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by kerianica)
Hello there! I just joined, and I am currently an IB Junior in Florida. I've decided to fill out this questionnaire.

Name- Kerian Brook Pannell
IB 1st or 2nd year? - 1st
Subjects, specify if HL or SL
-Pre-Calculus (SL)
-
- IB/AP Language and Composition (HL)

Errr... I don't think they are IB classes .
Linda
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Errr... I don't think they are IB classes .
Well I know some people in the US who all take funny-named classes like that but in the end take the official IB (and AP) exams. For instance I think Maya (Funshine) has classes like Trigonometry I and II, Calculus, Algebra I and II and such...
kildare
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Linda)
Well I know some people in the US who all take funny-named classes like that but in the end take the official IB (and AP) exams. For instance I think Maya (Funshine) has classes like Trigonometry I and II, Calculus, Algebra I and II and such...
Ah right, but in the end they would just do Maths HL or SL?
DrSoySauce
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ah right, but in the end they would just do Maths HL or SL?
I know for US universities you get the same credit for AP courses as IB courses at HL, so AP math is probably HL math.

Has anyone done their english orals yet? I have mine in a few weeks and am starting to get nervous...
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling ahead of starting University?

I am excited and looking forward to starting (59)
13.41%
I am excited but have some apprehension around Covid-19 measures (57)
12.95%
I am concerned I will miss out on aspects of the uni experience due to new measures (168)
38.18%
I am concerned the Covid-19 measures at uni are not strong enough (46)
10.45%
I am nervous and feel I don't have enough information (87)
19.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
5.23%

Watched Threads