Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vavavoom)
    You don't have Math Methods?
    Yeah its part of standard u chose either standard maths method or standard maths studies

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys~

I really need your help now.

I need to find 2003 November papers for

Maths Method
    English H
    History H
    Biology H
    Spanish S
    Business S

Where can i find them?

Please help me out...
    thanks a lot..

Take care.. Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yogibear)
    Hello guys~

I really need your help now.

I need to find 2003 November papers for

Maths Method
    English H
    History H
    Biology H
    Spanish S
    Business S

Where can i find them?

Please help me out...
    thanks a lot..

Take care.. Cheers.
    look at this thread http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=20836
    someone there said he/she had them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alias25)
    Yeah its part of standard u chose either standard maths method or standard maths studies
    Ooo i c .

Anyone else wish there was a class in between methods and higher? Methods is easy and higher is hard :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _EMMA_)
    mock exam is when you have tests on previous exams as a practise to see how they are. have you never had it?? i have had it twice already (one each at the end of the semester in IB 1) and i'm going to have it once more before the exams, in a couple of weeks.
    some teachers let us look at exams from years before, but exams like from last year are used at the mocks so we can't look at them.
    Thanks for explaining once again.

No, we never had such exams and have exam papers 2003 freely available. In Physics I have the at home, so if any1 is interested, I may send. Write to e-mail.

ReputationRep:
    can i ask a question to all the ppl doing higher level maths.

were u all in top or express set for maths at GCSE?

ReputationRep:
    can i ask a question to all the ppl doing higher level maths.

were u all in top or express set for maths at GCSE?
    All of the ppl in math's higher took advanced IGCSE mathematics, which basically is the IB math methods course. I took the exam in 10th grade and did well (worked my ass off for it though..), but decidied to take methods coz i'm not gonna be an engineer or doctor . You have to take the advanced IGCSE in order to take higher in my school.

ReputationRep:
    Ooo i c .

Anyone else wish there was a class in between methods and higher? Methods is easy and higher is hard :P
    Do you think so? I took HL Math in my first year but then decided to switch to Methods because I was struggling with it...now that I have done the Methods course (I was basically done with it except for my option) I think there is not that much difference...but then, I keep forgetting all the things that I am not supposed to know so I guess thats why I don't see much of a difference...(:
    Math Studies is like IGCSE Math right?

ReputationRep:
    Methods is much harder than IGCSE Maths....

ReputationRep:
    hello hello
    my name's ben. i go to a new IB school in southern california near palm springs. la quinta high school.
    [name] benjamin. but people call me ben. sometimes i wonder why
    [IB first or second year] 1st still.
    [Subjects, specify SL or HL]
    Chemistry HL
    English HL
    History HL
    Math SL
    Spanish SL
    Biology SL
    [Extended Essay Topic] I want to do something with fractals but nothing definite yet
    [ToK stuff] none yet i don't have any idea what to put here, only been in the class three weeks
    i'll be in the third year of graduating ib kids. we have nothing at our school. NO physics, NO math HL, nothing. I have to take crappy biology or crappy art but ok I'm done complaining. I'm trying to come up with an extended essay topic. I want to do math and i want to do something with fractals but I'm having a hard time narrowing the topic and I don't really know what to do with a math essay... nobody's ever done it at our school. any advice?
    -ben
    p.s. for all you basketball fans (and i know you're out there) the pacers rock!

ReputationRep:
    As there are a lot of IB Students in this forum I thought i'd make a thread for ppl just to introduce themselves and say what subjects they're studying. This way we can PM each other and help everyone get those top grades! Hee hee

So, if your an IB student plz fill out this questionnare.
    Hi i am half way through 1st yr
    i think this is a great site
    [Name]rr_hello45
    [IB 1st or 2nd year?]1st
    [Subjects, specify if HL or SL]
    -Physics HL
    -Chemistry HL
    -Math HL
    -History HL
    -English A1
    -Spanish B
    -Biology SL (Extra, Anticipated)
    [Strongest Subjects]Math?, Physics, History
    [Extended Essay Topic]History-Was the USSR a true Marxist state? (not narrowed down yet)
    [ToK Essay Question + Presentation]
    -Not decided yet
    -
    [Extra Comments]

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering, whats eveyone aiming for like a 5 or 6 in higher level maths?

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering, whats eveyone aiming for like a 5 or 6 in higher level maths?
    seven is the highest you can get, right? so, why not shoot for 7?

ReputationRep:
    [Name] Romy
    IB 2nd year
    - English A1 SL
    - German A1 HL
    - Theatre Arts HL
    - History HL
    - Biology SL
    - Maths Studies SL
    [Strongest Subjects] Theatre Arts, English, German
    [Extended Essay Topic] "Why are Shakespeare's plays universal in time and setting with special reference to Matthew Warchus' production of the Winter's Tale" (Theatre Arts)
    - The Essay about the arts vs. sciences
    - Child Soldiers

ReputationRep:
    [Name] Emily
    IB 2nd year
    - English A1 HL
    - German A1 SL
    - Theatre Arts HL
    - Psychology HL
    - Biology SL
    - Maths Studies SL
    [Strongest Subjects] Theatre Arts, English, Psychology
    [Extended Essay Topic] <Can't remember, it was way too long for it's own good, but was on the JFK assassination, and whether or not it was possible for Oswald to be the only person responsible for JFK's death> (History)
    - The Essay about filters and understanding them and perception
    - AI (Neo Ethics)

However, my firend has yet to do her presentation, anyone here got any ideas of what she could do? I sugested something involving reincarnation because she is interested in it, but I'm not sure what to suggest from there...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paacman315)
    I know of only one guy in the whole IB in our school who can get a 7 in HL math...it is NOT a walk in the park as someone previously said! (:
    Good luck to anyone who takes HL math though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paacman315)
    i don't take math HL but i just wanted to say that i know that you should aim high but that i have lowered my aims as time has passed. in the begining i wanted 6 and 7 in all subjects, i still do! but i'm not thinking in the same way anymore when i started i would never accept a 5 in math for example but now i don't mind.

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering, how do people do in the Biology exam in everyone's schools? Coz in our school for some strange reason no one's gotten a 7 for years. It's not like we're a dumb school - we have people going to Harvard, Brown, Durham etc. everyear...

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering, how do people do in the Biology exam in everyone's schools? Coz in our school for some strange reason no one's gotten a 7 for years. It's not like we're a dumb school - we have people going to Harvard, Brown, Durham etc. everyear...
    Im new to this site

taking Bio SL early- in yr 1. my predicted is a 7 (whether I get it...)
    We had a 7 last yr, HL

ReputationRep:
    Name] Dean
    [IB 1st or 2nd year?] 2nd

-English A1 SL
    -Spanish B SL (took the exam in my 1st year tho)
    -Economics HL
    -Biology SL
    -Maths HL (im seriously contemplating suicide!!! haha)
    -Chemistry HL

[Strongest Subjects] economics and bio, and spanish was lank easy (lol i guess i live in spain tho so i have an advantage)

[Extended Essay Topic] Chemistry - Investigating the conditions necessary for the breakdown of Xanthan, a gumbase of chewing gum, by acid hydrolysis... (took me FOREVER to do, but i was lazy haha)

-i did the filters one, Q7 i think
    -Abortion - when personhood begins and is there realy freedom in choice

[Extra Comments]
    my sac! ive never had sooooo much work to do in my life b4, the last 2 months has been hell! tok, EE, alll the coursework, mock exams... thank god its over now! jus english oral left to do, oh ja and CAS diary... this whole writing a diary thing is the BIGGEST watse of time...

I got an offer from UCL, they want 39 points total with 7 7 6 at higher.. so that means i have to get at least a 6 at higher maths! hmmm looks like i wont be leavign my room for a while lol

Oh yeah, "yogibear" where abouts u from in Africa??? Im south african, from cape town, but live in spain now... was jus wondering

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.